The Hockey News:All Time Greatest Jerseys issue

IIHFjerseycollector

very very cool special edition magazine.. lots of info on the history of jerseys, the ugly . just about anything.. oh and you guys should check out page 42!!

https://secure.thehockeynews.com/online-sto...RSEY&=&

here is page 42 make sure to open it with adobe acrobat reader because its a .PDF file http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lxfm2biyhmi

Saw the advertisement for that issue. Hope to find it soon. I have a subscription,but of course I doubt I get this one.

Xune, congrats on the feature! Who knows...maybe someone reading that will be able to help you out!

i really hope so.. I know there are people who have the Taipei and Greece nike jerseys that have been impossible to find!.. they used to all be for sale at the nike outlets in the late late 90's early 2000's.. also peranis had a HUGE shipment of them many years ago. Theyre out there. I bet some people dont even know what they have or how rare they actually are! Once the collection is "complete" I dont know what im gonna do , but I guess I should worry about that IF the time ever comes...

Does this issue come with a subscription to the Hockey News or do I have to order it separately.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now that the issue has reached my local Barnes and Noble, I have to congratulate Anthony for being interviewed about his unique collecting quest for all the international jerseys. I have 20 different countries in my collection, and certainly not all game worn either. Being a "completeist" by nature, I've forced myself to stick to countries that at least occasional qualify for the Olympics or World Championships. This self-regulating frees me from trying to track down such obscurities as Mongolia and Luxembourg.

Now that the Greatest Jerseys of All Time has come out, it's time for me to invite you to buy a copy and, after reading page 42, skip ahead to page 58 where my article on the "Curious, Weird and Ugly Collection" begins. It runs five pages long, including a full page photo, and is essentially a "Top Ten Worst Jerseys" list. There's also a sidebar giving some background on who I am, which mentions my blog, Third String Goalie, which will hopefully drive some serious traffic my way!

When I heard they were looking for submissions from rec league teams who had made their own jerseys, I took the opportunity to email them and point them toward my blog, perhaps hoping for a mention on their website in some way to gain a few hits. To my shock, they wrote me back later the same day, saying they wanted to interview me for the issue and then had the idea for me to write and article for it. ME! I was blown away that the bible of hockey wanted me to write for them!

Aside from my contribution, it's an awesome magazine with a wide variety of articles and highly recommended required reading for everyone on this board.

Wow, two people from this board in the issue. That pretty much does make it a required pickup. Just hope I can find a copy in a bookstore here in Northern Texas, if not I will just go the online route.

Congrats to both of you.

I ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet. I'm getting worried.

Well I downloaded the Digital version thinking that i could put it on my iphone like other regular PDF files, but evidentally you cant. The only way to view the magazine is through the special zinio reader. Kinda sucks they didnt tell you that before you buy it.

Jeff, I cant say enough good things about ya! that is an awesome, just awesome article you wrote. I hope they consider you for a job there as the jersey"guru" because I enjoy reading everything you write! I didnt even realize that was you when I was reading it when I purchased the issue. Im visiting family in Rochester this week and hopefully itll be in bookstores there, because in AZ, they didnt have ANY hockey stuff...

Well I downloaded the Digital version thinking that i could put it on my iphone like other regular PDF files, but evidentally you cant. The only way to view the magazine is through the special zinio reader. Kinda sucks they didnt tell you that before you buy it.

I should check the mail today or tomorrow because they said it takes 14-21 days. I'm very excited to read it!

Jeff, I cant say enough good things about ya! that is an awesome, just awesome article you wrote. I hope they consider you for a job there as the jersey"guru" because I enjoy reading everything you write! I didnt even realize that was you when I was reading it when I purchased the issue. Im visiting family in Rochester this week and hopefully itll be in bookstores there, because in AZ, they didnt have ANY hockey stuff...

I hope people take a moment to read the sidebar and then check out my blog. I'd love to see an actual, permanent increase in traffic because of this. It's not like having a clickable link right there at people's fingertips when it's printed in a magazine. They've got to remember the name and make an effort to look it up.

It was pretty thrilling to see it on the shelf when I walked into Barnes & Noble, I'll tell you. :D

Need to order from THE HOCKEY NEWS since no bookstore around here doesn't have them. Really wish this would come with my subscription.

I gave that issue my (completely biased) review on my blog today.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2009...eys-of-all.html

Tonight I stopped at a local Borders and found a nice stack of this magazine. Just glancing through it after I got home, it's really great. Congratulations to Jeff and Anthony for their contributions!

Borders in Wellington, New Zealand doesn't have a single hockey related magazine.. which isn't surprising.

They did have a couple of football and basketball ones.

I've emailed the hockey News store linked here to see if I can have a copy sent here.