NHL 10 or NHL 2K10?

Any preferences?

I just recently bought NHL 2K10 after years of buying the EA Sports version and so far I'm quite impressed. It seems like there's a lot more you can do with 2K10, but on the flip side it takes a ton of memory on my memory card for my PS2. Its not looking like they are going to make an NHL 10 for PS2, but I may be mistaken. I've just not seen it advertised for it. I'm enjoying 2K10, but its taken me a few days to figure out the ins and outs of how to setup certain things on the game, such as using created players in your season mode.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't played an NHL on PS2 since 07. I had NHL 08 on 360. i might pick up 09 for my 360 now that 10 is available. Buying the newest sports games is isn't worth the money, so i buy a year back once the current one comes out. But as far as sports games i only get EA

I was all about NHL 2K back in the Dreamcast days, but I agree with Blurryhaze that once EA came out with the new controls etc. they took the crown.

Every year I get the demos of both, but always go with EA.

One thing I can say about 2k is that because they are firmly in the #2 spot these days, they seem to take some more risks and definitely listen to customer feedback better than EA.

Little stuff like playoff beards and zamboni mini games aren't necessary but they are nice touches. Plus 2k apparently updates their rosters far more frequently than EA. Although I haven't seen it personally, I understand 2k has bent over backwards this year to try to make each NHL arena as realistic as possible.

For now I'm still with EA, begrudgingly. I just hate that it seems they think that being #1 means you don't have to try as hard to make the customers happy.

One thing I can say about 2k is that because they are firmly in the #2 spot these days, they seem to take some more risks and definitely listen to customer feedback better than EA.

Little stuff like playoff beards and zamboni mini games aren't necessary but they are nice touches. Plus 2k apparently updates their rosters far more frequently than EA. Although I haven't seen it personally, I understand 2k has bent over backwards this year to try to make each NHL arena as realistic as possible.

For now I'm still with EA, begrudgingly. I just hate that it seems they think that being #1 means you don't have to try as hard to make the customers happy.

I thought it was funny how 2K does the hair length, it looks like a little shield on some of the players. Guys like Pominville and Getzlaf had long hair and it looked quite funny under the helmets, just sticking out like some kind of shield. I have liked playing the mini-games and being able to practice when you're in season/franchise mode. Then I was even able to go and play a game outside for one. They do a pretty good job with the NHL arenas from what I've seen. I thought Jobing.com Arena and the American Airlines Center were pretty accurate.

• 3 months later...

I liked 2k9 over NHL09, but with the new season I chose EA 10.

Why?

Well not only are the graphics and AI better, but something EA did sealed the deal for me. I have a PS3, and prior to NHL10, you weren't allowed to add your own music to the game. Now with NHL 10, Im able to add in the NYR intro, Authentic NYR goal song. (The whoaaaaaaa Song) and also add in the NYR Victory song after a NYR win. Im such a stickler for detail that something little like this would make the decision for me.