CHL goes EDGE - WHL, OHL, QMJHL

I didnt see anything listed about this in a previous topic so i thought i'd post it.

It looks like the CHL is now going for the RBK Edge Jersey Route.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...ses/?id=3903066

hitmenjersey-1.jpg

I hope that the people bidding on my eBay auction for my hitmen jersey bid not knowing the jerseys have gotten changed.

I saw this on icethetics today - some of the jerseys now look horrible (just stock NHL style with a different teams logo).

Here's a link to all of the new jerseys: http://chl.ca/reebok-edge.php

The only upside I can think of is hopefully there'll be a firesale on existing CHL non-Edge jerseys (like when the NHL and AHL switched) ...

I saw this on icethetics today - some of the jerseys now look horrible (just stock NHL style with a different teams logo).

Thats basically what a lot of the teams already had, just nhl jerseys that were identical or just a change in colors....

The hitmen jersey was basically identical to the early 2000s Capitals jersey, just black,white, red and bronze instead of blue, black, white and bronze

Same with many other teams...

I thinkt his actually makes for more unique jerseys then they were before compared to the NHL

I think my favorites are the Kelowna rockets, Shawinigan Cataractes, and the Sarnia Sting JErseys

Disappointed to see that the Otters' unique striping is gone. I have come to like the Ice Dog's skating dog logo. A possibility.

Don't really mind them going the Edge route, but I wish they'd sell the authentics.

Picked up a Seattle authentic tonight. I can say with almost certainty that it is an 2.0, if I understand my tagging. I didn't think I would like them (this is my first Edge) but it actually is a pretty good jersey. I usually wear a 54 in the 6100's. A 56 Edge fit ok but I went with the 60 to give me the baggier look of the old jerseys.

• 2 weeks later...
Disappointed to see that the Otters' unique striping is gone. I have come to like the Ice Dog's skating dog logo. A possibility.

living in erie, i think those stripes were/are terrible. i think they look like a late 90's roller hockey uniform.

the new london knights are sweet.

of course, this is all just opinion! :stickhndl:

So does this leave the ECHL as the only major North American league (Both pro and Junior) that doesn't use Edge yet full-time? They only use it for the All-Star game currently.