Removing Crest from RBK Practice Jersey

iggygoalie

I am thinking about purchasing this jersey, and if I do so i would like to remove the crest.

I would be using it for hockey practices.

Has anyone tried doing this on a Reebok Practice jersey before? Any tips? Will the outline of the logo still be visible?

img5434802.jpg

I believe I've seen on eBay and some of the goalie specialty stores that you can get blank goalie cut RBK Edge platinum practice jerseys for $30-40.

I am thinking about purchasing this jersey, and if I do so i would like to remove the crest.

I would be using it for hockey practices.

Has anyone tried doing this on a Reebok Practice jersey before? Any tips? Will the outline of the logo still be visible?

img5434802.jpg

Fellow Goalie here. Does the logo match your gear? if so, I would leave it. It just looks cool at pickup games, like you are on the team, or at least a practice goalie for the team to shoot on and treat like garbage.

If it doesn't match your gear, you could just rip it off as violently as possible so it looks like anybody who skates near your crease should watch their backs.

Either way, the jersey you actually PLAY hockey in is a completely different shrine than the ones you collect. I still have my first jersey I played pickup roller hockey in with my friends from the Lightning's inaugural season. It is battered, torn, shredded, hammered, has the wrong letters and numbers screened on, has had blood all over it, and I will NEVER EVER part with it!!!!!!

Now that I've been on the ice for years, I have several jerseys that I have put patches on or whatever, just because I look back at them years later, and they all reflect a time period in my life. At least when things get me down, and life gets depressing, or tough, I can think about a better time in my life...between the pipes.

I believe I've seen on eBay and some of the goalie specialty stores that you can get blank goalie cut RBK Edge platinum practice jerseys for $30-40.

I want a white one with navy trim - the edge platinum jerseys come in white with royal trim, but not white with the navy trim.

Plus, this jersey is pro-stock (which I prefer) and is size 60G (not 58 as the photo says - photos is of a different but similar jersey). The platinum practice jerseys do not come in 60G

I wouldn't think a crest as detailed as the Preds have would be adhered too securely to the jersey itself. If you pulled the stitching, you could probably get it off pretty clean. Then, just hit it with a hot iron and a lot of steam. That'll take the outline right out.