Tim Horton, what's the deal?

PA Fanadian

Hello all, been a while since I popped in here. The latest item I have been questing for are a 1982 Vancouver Canucks yellow v-neck jersey, preferrably Dave Williams, and a Pittsburgh Penguins Tim Horton jersey. Now, I have seen the Horton a few times, but I have seen it with both the number 3, and the number 24. He only played one season with the Pens, so whats with the two numbers?

Hello all, been a while since I popped in here. The latest item I have been questing for are a 1982 Vancouver Canucks yellow v-neck jersey, preferrably Dave Williams, and a Pittsburgh Penguins Tim Horton jersey. Now, I have seen the Horton a few times, but I have seen it with both the number 3, and the number 24. He only played one season with the Pens, so whats with the two numbers?

According to the Penguins website, under uniform number history, he is listed for both numbers. Can't find out why he was with two different numbers.

My guess would be an acquisition during the season that preferred the number he had first. In his time in Toronto, he wore 3 different numbers so it would appear his jersey number was not a big deal to him.