Anybody know where to buy a fight strap?

thebiggoalie

I am looking for a fight strap to replace on a jersey that some dumb Ebayer cut off. I know about this place but the Velcro on their fight straps is black instead of white. Obviously, I need a white one. Anybody know where else to find them? Thanks!

I am looking for a fight strap to replace on a jersey that some dumb Ebayer cut off. I know about this place but the Velcro on their fight straps is black instead of white. Obviously, I need a white one. Anybody know where else to find them? Thanks!

I was gonna suggest that place....just curious as to what jersey that happened to? If I'm not mistaken, collectors will cut the fight strap out of game issued jerseys, so people cant say it was game worn or something like that, I'm sure someone know whats I'm talking about.

Yeah that is true. There is flaw in that logic though since there were more than a few players who wore their jerseys with the strap cut out. Most notably Wayne Gretzky. I think Esa Tikkanen too.

• 3 years later...

if you need to replace your fight strap you can order one from some friends of mine at: http://stores.classicmnhockey.com/-strse-Tie-Down-fdsh-Fight-Straps/Categories.bok

post-6801-0-35973200-1362234548_thumb.jp

post-6801-0-74076900-1362234555_thumb.jp

post-6801-0-72866000-1362234560_thumb.jp

Heck, this is old. I was about to answer my own question! lol

Those straps suck. Find a cheap CCM practice jersey.

Thanks for the heads-up, Big G. I was gonna get a Garter-style one from there to put on my '82-83 Habs because the ribbon strap has been cut out (plus, Lafleur had this done to his jerseys).

Thanks for the heads-up, Big G. I was gonna get a Garter-style one from there to put on my '82-83 Habs because the ribbon strap has been cut out (plus, Lafleur had this done to his jerseys).

I can't speak for the garter or loop style straps, they actually look okay, but you can buy an actual garter belt in a pro shop for $10, and you get four straps then. I ordered one of the newer Velcro ones here years ago from here, and it was terrible. Wound up collecting some super-cheap practice jerseys with straps to use instead.