New Here - About Me

Steven6095

Hello - thanks for the warm welcome with the post on the Thrashers jersey.

Lets see.......

26 years old and I am a PPFA certified picture framer : )

Huge baseball fan, but also follow hockey. My wife and I caught several Cincinatti Cyclones games this year, two Bluejackets games, Nashville last year and Washington Caps this year too.

Jersey collection:

Hate to drop this here, but if anyone wants one of these make me an offer and I can send pictures if someone wants them. The Kuba jersey is staying no matter what :)

My gem: Koho authentic Minn. Wild Flip Kuba home jersey with all star patch done by IceJerseys.

2nd Fav: Kentucky Thoroughblades Jason Muzzati game worn warm up.

Replicas:

KY Thoroughblades - road - Bauer

90's style Bruins - Starter

80's style Penguins - wore out - my first - CCM

Roenick - Phonenix Coyotoes white Starter - AWESOME quality jersey. Better than any replica I have, but not an authentic. Very nice and mint condition.

Brett Hull - Blue's jersey, white, Starter - Love the jersey, but its a M and too little for me.

Dallas Stars - green - Starter

Hello - thanks for the warm welcome with the post on the Thrashers jersey.

Lets see.......

26 years old and I am a PPFA certified picture framer : )

Huge baseball fan, but also follow hockey. My wife and I caught several Cincinatti Cyclones games this year, two Bluejackets games, Nashville last year and Washington Caps this year too.

Jersey collection:

Hate to drop this here, but if anyone wants one of these make me an offer and I can send pictures if someone wants them. The Kuba jersey is staying no matter what :)

My gem: Koho authentic Minn. Wild Flip Kuba home jersey with all star patch done by IceJerseys.

2nd Fav: Kentucky Thoroughblades Jason Muzzati game worn warm up.

Replicas:

KY Thoroughblades - road - Bauer

90's style Bruins - Starter

80's style Penguins - wore out - my first - CCM

Roenick - Phonenix Coyotoes white Starter - AWESOME quality jersey. Better than any replica I have, but not an authentic. Very nice and mint condition.

Brett Hull - Blue's jersey, white, Starter - Love the jersey, but its a M and too little for me.

Dallas Stars - green - Starter

Welcome aboard! Good to see another hockey fan from that region of the country, I'm originally from Indianapolis. I remember the Cyclones fondly. The Ice had a good rivalry with them back in the I.

Yep - Lexington KY : ) I have been to a UK.

Would trade anything for one of their new jerseys!

By new jerseys I assume you mean UK basketball - as the UK hockey jerseys haven't changed too much recently (still based on blank Maple Leafs jerseys with the white being the Toronto 3rd).

I was the media director for the UK Hockey team for 14 seasons up until 2 years ago - so I remember the Thoroughblades days fondly. Now I live in Cincy (NKY actually) but I still have only made it out to one Cyclones game.

Do you remember the ill-fated Lexington ECHL team, the Lexington Men-o-war. I wasn't a fan of the T-Blades name (would have preferred Thoroughbreds) but the "Men-o-war" was just plain stupid. I still regret never getting a jersey of theirs though.

Actually I was talking about the UK jerseys - they seem different this year.

I will seriously look into the maple leafs thing. Maybe able to make one.

I can not find a UK one around here.

Yes, Men O War - had some great hockey games. Doomed to start : (

The only change in UK Hockey jerseys - recently at least - has been the occasional switching between manufacturers.

We used Koronis for a couple years before they screwed us over and we didn't have new jerseys for most of a season. We were using AK sports, but I believe this coming season the team will be using either K1 jerseys or Harrow sports jerseys.

The key is that they are all based on the Toronto designs.

TOR508C.jpgTOR504A.jpg

For a while we actually had blue away jerseys that had a white shoulder bar - but those were custom and a bit more expensive and I haven't heard but I think we're still sticking with the stock blue Toronto jerseys. Here's a posting on another jersey board that shows my collection of UK Hockey jerseys I collected over the years working for the team.

As for finding a UK Hockey jersey for retail - they just aren't available. Every year the team orders a few extras that are sometimes sold. Also when we switch styles we'll sell the old game jerseys. Last I heard we were attempting to set up a deal with one of the local UK Bookstores (like Kennedy's) to sell retail jerseys through them.

If you're interested in trying to get a UK Hockey jersey contact Ian Ward the team's GM. He may be able to get you an game used jersey now - or in the fall (mid to late September) get you a brand new jersey customized as you like. Just please remember he's a volunteer, and it's the off-season so he may not get back with you quickly.

As for finding a UK Hockey jersey for retail - they just aren't available. Every year the team orders a few extras that are sometimes sold. Also when we switch styles we'll sell the old game jerseys. Last I heard we were attempting to set up a deal with one of the local UK Bookstores (like Kennedy's) to sell retail jerseys through them.

If you're interested in trying to get a UK Hockey jersey contact Ian Ward the team's GM. He may be able to get you an game used jersey now - or in the fall (mid to late September) get you a brand new jersey customized as you like. Just please remember he's a volunteer, and it's the off-season so he may not get back with you quickly.

Thanks for the heads up on that Akteon! I have always liked the UK jerseys and glad to know there is a contact person for them!

• 1 year later...

The only change in UK Hockey jerseys - recently at least - has been the occasional switching between manufacturers.

We used Koronis for a couple years before they screwed us over and we didn't have new jerseys for most of a season. We were using AK sports, but I believe this coming season the team will be using either K1 jerseys or Harrow sports jerseys.

The key is that they are all based on the Toronto designs.

TOR508C.jpgTOR504A.jpg

For a while we actually had blue away jerseys that had a white shoulder bar - but those were custom and a bit more expensive and I haven't heard but I think we're still sticking with the stock blue Toronto jerseys. Here's a posting on another jersey board that shows my collection of UK Hockey jerseys I collected over the years working for the team.

Akteon, would you possibly have any connections in getting other Kentucky sports team's jerseys? I was looking for a couple sports other than hockey.

Akteon, would you possibly have any connections in getting other Kentucky sports team's jerseys? I was looking for a couple sports other than hockey.

No, unfortunately with the hockey team being a club sport, we never got any sort of support from the UK athletic department. It was funny we have traditionally been the 3rd largest spectator sport on campus (behind basketball and football obviously) but the only time the athletic department cares about hockey is when they want some posters.

No, unfortunately with the hockey team being a club sport, we never got any sort of support from the UK athletic department. It was funny we have traditionally been the 3rd largest spectator sport on campus (behind basketball and football obviously) but the only time the athletic department cares about hockey is when they want some posters.

Oh I see, hockey at UK is a club sport. Well now that makes sense. So maybe if I contact UK's athletic department maybe they can direct me / help me out? I wasn't really looking for bball or football jerseys because I know those can be bought from game used jersey sites, retail or on ebay. I was looking for lesser sports like baseball, etc. Thanks though. :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...