Where are the 50's?

SJYS

I'm new to collecting and as I'm looking through this board, eBay and others I can rarely find any CCM/PP/Starter size 50 jerseys anywhere. There is a bunch of 48, 52, 54, 56 though. Is this because it's a rarely bought size, therefore there isn't that many floating around? Help.

Up until recently I wasn't even aware that there was a size 50 in Hockey jerseys other than the EDGE ones. It would lead me to believe that 50 is an extremely rare size and that is why you are unable to find it anywhere.

Up until recently I wasn't even aware that there was a size 50 in Hockey jerseys other than the EDGE ones. It would lead me to believe that 50 is an extremely rare size and that is why you are unable to find it anywhere.

That's why I'm so confused because I see lots of 48s and 52s. Why wouldn't there be 50s?

Up until recently I wasn't even aware that there was a size 50 in Hockey jerseys other than the EDGE ones.

Huh? There weren't any 50s in the old CCM style were there? I thought that scale was 46-48-52-54-etc, and the new scale is 46-50-52-54-etc, with no 48 this time?

Jeez, you got me confused now too :lol:

I was under the impression size 50 only appeared with the edge jerseys.

There were size 50 from CCM back in the 90's or early 90's. I have a Kings jersey from the era where the size was hand written on the CCM/Maska tag. Unfortunately the whole tag bleached from washing so I can't prove anymore. I'm also pretty sure that Paul Coffey wore size 50 from time to time.

There were size 50 from CCM back in the 90's or early 90's. I have a Kings jersey from the era where the size was hand written on the CCM/Maska tag. Unfortunately the whole tag bleached from washing so I can't prove anymore. I'm also pretty sure that Paul Coffey wore size 50 from time to time.

So did Dino Ciccarelli and Dave Gagner. I have a couple gamers that are size 50. You're right about the penned-in 80's CCM's too. I have seen those. I think my Dave Taylor purple and gold Kings jersey is a 50 actually. I also at one point had a mid-to-late 90's style Flames jersey that was a 50. They're out there but they're rare. Hey, that rhymes!

So did Dino Ciccarelli and Dave Gagner. I have a couple gamers that are size 50. You're right about the penned-in 80's CCM's too. I have seen those. I think my Dave Taylor purple and gold Kings jersey is a 50 actually. I also at one point had a mid-to-late 90's style Flames jersey that was a 50. They're out there but they're rare. Hey, that rhymes!

Thanks. How do you guys know which players wore/wear what size? I guess you own their "game-worns".

Edited by S3ABAS

Well, I do have a Dave Gagner gamer, yeah, but no Ciccarellis over here. However, I've done so much research on Dino's jerseys in the last few months, I think I know pretty much everything about his duds.