Ughhh

ZoomZoom18

I'm looking to go back to college to finish up my bachelor's degree after a four year hiatus for the AF and some (heck...a lot of) indecision on my part. This is 10 years after I started college to begin with (I had four years already under my belt before I enlisted). So I went to the University of Texas at Dallas, looking to get into their history or sociology programs (as that's the majority of my college credits) and to my dismay, only 21 of my 97 credit hours from Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis will transfer and I'm going to have to go back to a community college to finish some prerequisites before I can get into UT Dallas. It has been 10 years, so I'm not too surprised, but its frustrating nonetheless.

I'm looking to go back to college to finish up my bachelor's degree after a four year hiatus for the AF and some (heck...a lot of) indecision on my part. This is 10 years after I started college to begin with (I had four years already under my belt before I enlisted). So I went to the University of Texas at Dallas, looking to get into their history or sociology programs (as that's the majority of my college credits) and to my dismay, only 21 of my 97 credit hours from Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis will transfer and I'm going to have to go back to a community college to finish some prerequisites before I can get into UT Dallas. It has been 10 years, so I'm not too surprised, but its frustrating nonetheless.

Yeesh, that sucks. I transferred between colleges and also studied abroad and was constantly holding my breath about what credits would be accepted by what institution. I don't know if any institution really has a rhyme or reason for accepting or rejecting those credits. I liken it to witchcraft. Good luck!

Yeesh, that sucks. I transferred between colleges and also studied abroad and was constantly holding my breath about what credits would be accepted by what institution. I don't know if any institution really has a rhyme or reason for accepting or rejecting those credits. I liken it to witchcraft. Good luck!

When I was in the Air Force, I took a class at Wayland Baptist University through the Luke AFB satellite campus. They were going to take close to 2/3 of my credits. I had to cringe when I got my feedback. I don't know if I'm going to end up going to the college out here in Texas that I had picked. I'm hating researching colleges again.