Closure

maverick024

If anyone remembers my Dominic Moore jersey purchase from NHL Shop.com way back in November, then you should remember this shotty customizing job by NHL.com

HPIM0394.jpg

HPIM0397.jpg

Of course, the font is wrong, as well as the "A" is incorrect. Here's what it should look like:

83205659.jpg

moore.jpg

Well almost 3 months after I bought it, closure finally came in the form of a 20% off my next purchase coupon.

I received a full 100% credit (after several tries) for the jersey and asked for some compensation for my troubles.

They tried giving me a 20% off coupon if I ordered the same jersey again, which would be completely pointless. So I settled with them for my full refund and a 20% off coupon. I spoke to a representative over the phone and I kind of wished I would've asked for more but what's done is done.

I am passing this all on to you guys in hopes that you don't think about using NHL.com for your customized jerseys. I for one will definitely be taking my jersey purchases elsewhere.

If anyone remembers my Dominic Moore jersey purchase from NHL Shop.com way back in November, then you should remember this shotty customizing job by NHL.com

HPIM0394.jpg

HPIM0397.jpg

Of course, the font is wrong, as well as the "A" is incorrect. Here's what it should look like:

83205659.jpg

moore.jpg

Well almost 3 months after I bought it, closure finally came in the form of a 20% off my next purchase coupon.

I received a full 100% credit (after several tries) for the jersey and asked for some compensation for my troubles.

They tried giving me a 20% off coupon if I ordered the same jersey again, which would be completely pointless. So I settled with them for my full refund and a 20% off coupon. I spoke to a representative over the phone and I kind of wished I would've asked for more but what's done is done.

I am passing this all on to you guys in hopes that you don't think about using NHL.com for your customized jerseys. I for one will definitely be taking my jersey purchases elsewhere.

Is that lettering screened on? One more reason why I do the costumisation all by myself.

HPIM0394.jpg

HPIM0397.jpg

83205659.jpg

moore.jpg

It's a real shame that not even the NHL can get the job done right.

Is that lettering screened on? One more reason why I do the costumisation all by myself.

Looks like heat-pressed vinyl - like little kids soccer jerseys.

Glad you got your money back. That customization was horrible.

Looks like heat-pressed vinyl - like little kids soccer jerseys.

Glad you got your money back. That customization was horrible.

shop.nhl.com doesn't use sewn on twill on their replicas, they use single-layer, screen-printed twill heat pressed onto the back and sleeves.

I "hear" their authentics are a bit better but they still have some issues. Me personally, pretty much all my retail jersey purchases have been from icejerseys. Only had one minor incident and that was corrected extremely quickly.

Wow, that's really bad. Out of curiosity, what was the price on all of that as compared to what IceJerseys would have charged? Thanks for the heads-up. Even if I see a "deal" at NHL.com, they can keep their kiddy letter customization.

Wow, that's really bad. Out of curiosity, what was the price on all of that as compared to what IceJerseys would have charged? Thanks for the heads-up. Even if I see a "deal" at NHL.com, they can keep their kiddy letter customization.

NHL charges $115 for the blank and $55 for the customization which = $170

Icejerseys is $112.50 for the blank and $54-$79 (varies based on layers) for the customization which = $166.50- $191.50 but the customization is the same as the authentics.

I'm from Canada so normally NHL.com charges $132 for the jersey plus $55 for customization. They had a 20% off custom jersey sale and I jumped all over it...stupidly.

The total with taxes and shipping was $176.20. All of which I was credited back for.

One of my friends had a major crush on Dominic Moore when he was a Penguin....

Anyway, remind me to never buy anything from the NHL shop. I actually have never shopped from them period because I have found better deals, on jerseys or otherwise, elsewhere. That customization looks horrible! Even my brother's Eagles jersey was better...

Glad you got your money back for it, was a poor effort from them. Only thing I ever use the NHL shop for is their customization mock-up thing, then I go and buy from someone else ;)

IceJerseys used to do that too but canned it for some reason.

wow I'm glad I read this, I was close to buying a customized replica from NHL.com. glad you got your money back on that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you got your money back. I've heard alot of horror stories like that about NHL.com, and there's no excuse. That should be the best place to get customization done. Even high school roller hockey teams use sewn on twill numbers...

Edited by greyXstar

• 4 weeks later...

I really appreciate the "Heads-Up". Who would think that NHL.com of all sites would try to pass off that horrible customization as legit.