2009 Super Skills Comp

What did everyone think of the skills competition?

As a whole I just really didn't get into it this year like I have in the past, just seemed like they rushed through everything. I did really enjoy the Elimination Shootout at the end though.

As a whole I just really didn't get into it this year like I have in the past, just seemed like they rushed through everything. I did really enjoy the Elimination Shootout at the end though.

I agree! I was almost shocked that it was over! Versus didn't even show at least three of the goals from the Young Stars game (I think they may have missed one or two during the Elimination Shootout too)!!!! I remember a few times they were still showing replays, and then all of a sudden the goal horn was sounding in the background. I know they were quick goals, but come on! They should've been on top of things.

I also have to say that I'm a huge Ovechkin fan, and I'm glad that he won the Fan Favorite Break Away Challenge, but Getzlaf's move was sick!!!

I also have to say that I'm a huge Ovechkin fan, and I'm glad that he won the Fan Favorite Break Away Challenge, but Getzlaf's move was sick!!!

Getzlaf and St Louis both put on a good show. This years Breakaway challenge was much better than last years but that is probably because they knew what to expect this time. The guys went out and had fun this time which did make the Challenge itself more fun to watch.

Watching Chara's blast was quite impressive too. The guy just puts his whole body into his shots in that event. Bruins fans would probably love to see him be able to get that shot off more during games.