Help with past alternate captains?

Jordan's House

I'm in the process of getting a few jerseys customized, and I want to make sure they are accurate (100%). Does anyone know where to find an extensive list of past Alternate Captains for NHL teams? I've seen captains lists, but never a good source for who wore the "A". I know they change a lot over the course of a season, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've never, ever seen a alternate captain's list online, even just for one team.

I usually scour Getty Images when I'm looking for who wore an "A" for a particular team for a specific year.

Old hockey card sets can be helpful if you have them.

You'd be surprised at how good others can be at digging up photos if you throw out a particular player, team and year.

The Ducks list all their Captains and Alternates on their website. http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...ge&id=16479

Have not seen extensive lists from any other team really. I am guessing that you are looking for Caps players, anyone in particular or you just trying to find who wore A's?

The Ducks list all their Captains and Alternates on their website. http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...ge&id=16479

Have not seen extensive lists from any other team really. I am guessing that you are looking for Caps players, anyone in particular or you just trying to find who wore A's?

I'm definitely trying to track down a list for Caps players. The players I'm most interested in are Joe Juneau, Peter Bondra, Sergei Gonchar, and Calle Johansson. I know for a fact that they all definitely wore A's during various seasons, but I'm trying to pin point the exact years. All of those seasons are kind of blending together for me. I have a good idea about most of them, but I want to be sure. Thanks.

On the rare occasion that Getty images fails and hockey card searches turn up nothing, I have had limited success trying to find a team picture for a given year. I know the Rangers in their All-Time roster on their website have the official team picture for many years available. The problem with using a team picture is that often online they are quite small and you have to do some face recognition as numbers will be impossible to see due to how they are sitting and the small scale of the images. But if all else fails its worth a shot.

I'm almost 100% sure that Bondra wore the A in 1997-98.

bondra101801_cu_wide.jpg

Johansson was most likely after 1998 since this one has the Cup patch on it with no A:

CalleJ2.jpg

but this one has the A:

10336.jpg

I know Gonchar did too but it was later on. Like early 2000's probably:

trade-gonchar.jpg

1999-2000 without but I found another one from 2001-02 with the A(pic won't link).

Juneau I'm stumped on though. He didn't wear it in 1998 and then was traded to Buffalo the next year so maybe he had it in the red, white and blue era?

Another alternate question: In the Jets last ever game, Kris King was out injured and I believe Tkachuk was captain. Who were the alternates? Anyone know?

Have you checked Getty Images and youtube for any footage of that game?

Is that Teppo Numminen right at the very end? Perhaps if Tkachuk was promoted to captain, perhaps they only had one assistant that day.

You might also find some footage lurking in "Death by Popcorn - the tragedy of the Winnipeg Jets"

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-6405669483655957433

Even if you don't, it's worth watching just to see The Dale Hawerchuk's video.

The entire video is rated R for language - you've been warned.

• 3 weeks later...

What about Dale Hunter before he was the captain? I'm looking for Dale Hunter pics with him wearing an A from the 1991-92 season specifically. You guys got anything? Thanks!

Thanks!!!