Winter Classic question

Yzerman fan

Will the game jerseys have the A's on them? I want a Zetterberg,but not sure they will put the A on? Probably no?

Will the game jerseys have the A's on them? I want a Zetterberg,but not sure they will put the A on? Probably no?

I imagine that the players would still wear their letters in the Winter Classic. Can't see any reason why they wouldn't.

I really hope this "D" jersey becomes their third jersey next year!

Thanks for the help. I thought they probably would,but wanted to make sure. Placed my order for a Zetterberg last night with SportsK. Will have to wait a month,but at least I know the name and numbers will be sewn on. :)

I really hope this "D" jersey becomes their third jersey next year!

I seriously doubt it. Detroit was forced to wear an alt back in the 92-93 and 93-94 season by the NHL and wore it the minimum amout of games. Personally I like the script D uni and although I do not buy NHL replicas (thin or pro) I wouldn't mind having one of those. I'd go after a HC gamer but they will all go in the $2-4k range I'd imagine.

1120689352047725021S200x200Q85.jpgWC-Jersey-Chellios-3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Joe Louis Arena last night to see with disappointment that the replica was on sale for $190. And even worse was that in the window of the Hockeytown Authentics outlet there, there was the most egregious fake WC jersey on a mannequin I've ever seen. The jersey was made with Airknit (strike 1), the sleeves were identical to previous CCM Red Wings white in the panels and pattern (strike 2) and no NHL logo on the collar (strike 3).

AT Hockeytown Authentics no less....! <_<

Went to Joe Louis Arena last night to see with disappointment that the replica was on sale for $190. And even worse was that in the window of the Hockeytown Authentics outlet there, there was the most egregious fake WC jersey on a mannequin I've ever seen. The jersey was made with Airknit (strike 1), the sleeves were identical to previous CCM Red Wings white in the panels and pattern (strike 2) and no NHL logo on the collar (strike 3).

You didn't take any pictures of that jersey, did you?

I haven't seen any Redwings WC jerseys in person, so I can't speak for sure on them, especially about the sleeve design. However, its possible that your strike 1 and 3 counts may not make them obvious fakes.

I've seen several legit Blackhawks WC jerseys, both authentic and replica from Fandamonium (the United Center's fan store), HawkQuarters, and TTS. I bought an authentic from TTS and my uncle has a replica from Fandamonium.

Legit Blackhawks replicas have no NHL shield on the neck tab under the laces. They are also the old style square cut and made of airknit material.

Reebok may have done that for both Hawks and Wings replica jerseys. There are a lot of fakes out there and you still have to look at the entire jersey, but I don't think those two details necessarily rule out the jersey automatically.

But like I said, I haven't seen any Wings WC jerseys in person, replica or authentic, so maybe someone else can confirm or clarify legit details for you, especially the sleeve design.

I have a legit replics I purchased from Sports k. Similiar to the CCMs and no NHL shield on the neck.

I purchased mine from frozenpond and it is airknit with no NHL shield, I personally like it. I don't like extremely tapered sleeves and the D on the front is stitched on, no heat seal, same with winter classic patch

I purchased mine from frozenpond and it is airknit with no NHL shield, I personally like it. I don't like extremely tapered sleeves and the D on the front is stitched on, no heat seal, same with winter classic patch

What about the shoulder patches, are they at least real patches and not that printed logo on a patch they use on the premier jerseys?

It is an embroidered patch that is heat-sealed on, it is not like the rubbery patch on my premier 08 all-star jersey. I might have the patches sewn on by a guy nearby me. It would only be 5 dollars top. I don't know though.

I haven't seen any Redwings WC jerseys in person, so I can't speak for sure on them, especially about the sleeve design. However, its possible that your strike 1 and 3 counts may not make them obvious fakes.

I've seen several legit Blackhawks WC jerseys, both authentic and replica from Fandamonium (the United Center's fan store), HawkQuarters, and TTS. I bought an authentic from TTS and my uncle has a replica from Fandamonium.

Legit Blackhawks replicas have no NHL shield on the neck tab under the laces. They are also the old style square cut and made of airknit material.

Reebok may have done that for both Hawks and Wings replica jerseys. There are a lot of fakes out there and you still have to look at the entire jersey, but I don't think those two details necessarily rule out the jersey automatically.

But like I said, I haven't seen any Wings WC jerseys in person, replica or authentic, so maybe someone else can confirm or clarify legit details for you, especially the sleeve design.

I think you may be right. I stand corrected.