custom mclean jersey question

matt49

hi, i am slowly collecting all the patches i need to make a kirk mclean black skate logo jersey but i have a question for all you jersey experts. what brand of jersey blank should i buy and i want it a pro as i can get and in goalie cut with ight strap to fit my gear. i looked at athletic knit but they look so orangy instead of using the yellow,

also i want to know what jersey blank is available for goalie cut for the canucks skate logo red and black 3rd jersey, hope u guys can help

thanks

matt......help, new to the forum

CCM Maska.

As for those third jerseys, I am not sure, I think CCM did them as well. They are amazing, I almost had a Naslund jersey but was outbid a few years ago!

thanks, that is a great site. Noticed that a lot of the AHL teams used to wear SP. What brand is that (or is SP the full brand name)?

thanks, that is a great site. Noticed that a lot of the AHL teams used to wear SP. What brand is that (or is SP the full brand name)?

SP is the actual brand name. They were also the supplier for most of the ECHL a short while back.

SP, based in Quebec, used to make the IHL/AHL/ECHL/Jr's/IIHF jerseys for Bauer. Starting in 2000, they started branding jerseys with their own name and logo. I believe that they also made the Nike NHL authentics, although I don't know if they make the Nike Swift now used in international tourneys. SP still makes jerseys for the ECHL, C(entral)HL, and USHL.

still want one of my questions answered by the experts, which jersey blank goalie cut size is available in the old black skate logo design as i want to make my own mclean jersey, is athletic knit good, it look kinda orangy instead of the yellow, please help

matt

ps. ccm doesnt make the jersey anymore, according to their website

Edited by matt49

Have you tried the team jersey program that Ice Jerseys offers? They have the Canucks jerseys in question in Goalie Cut and you only need to order 1. I'm not sure what brand they have for that style, but I'm sure they can answer your questions with a phone call. You might also want to try Big Stick

I agree from looking at NHLUniforms.com that it looks like the Canucks had two different yellows (one more orange than the other) but according to SSUR the Canucks didn't change their yellow color during that time period - from 1979 to 1997 they had one yellow color - "Vancouver Canucks Yellow"

VancouverCanucks_FRC_1997_SOL_SRGB.jpg

Now obviously there will be some variance between manufacturers but that "Vancouver Canucks Yellow" is what they all should be shooting for.

I took a look at Getty images for photos of the Canucks from 89 to 94 and there did seem to be some pictures where it looked orange and others where the color looked yellow. Both of these pictures below were listed as being from 1990 and seem to show two very different colors of the yellow.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/73173526....9C3837769933FEC

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/82019237....F198085993A39DE

I know personally from being a Cincinnati Bengals fan that the same color orange can look very different at times on TV and in various news photos.