2000-01 Rangers Alternate jersey?

b0bb33z3r

Basically you're looking for a Koho replica or authentic. They made the Rangers away/blue and 3rd/navy jerseys starting in the 2000-01 season through the 2003-04 season. The good news is that I don't recall ever seeing a knockoff Koho Rangers jersey so as long as it says Koho you should be safe.

Although Richter is a very popular player, it still may be hard to find one from this era already customized as a Richter. Most Ranger Koho jerseys I've seen are usually customized with Messier or Lindros :( or even worse - incorrectly customized as a Gretzky :blink:. Also from what I've seen the Koho replicas are far more common than authentics (which is the case with most jerseys).

Anyway, as JeffB likes to say, the answer to everything is "eBay"! Just keep looking and hopefully you can pick up a blank XL or 54.

Basically you're looking for a Koho replica or authentic. They made the Rangers away/blue and 3rd/navy jerseys starting in the 2000-01 season through the 2003-04 season. The good news is that I don't recall ever seeing a knockoff Koho Rangers jersey so as long as it says Koho you should be safe.

Although Richter is a very popular player, it still may be hard to find one from this era already customized as a Richter. Most Ranger Koho jerseys I've seen are usually customized with Messier or Lindros :( or even worse - incorrectly customized as a Gretzky :blink:. Also from what I've seen the Koho replicas are far more common than authentics (which is the case with most jerseys).

Anyway, as JeffB likes to say, the answer to everything is "eBay"! Just keep looking and hopefully you can pick up a blank XL or 54.

thanks for the very informative reply. I don't mind getting a blank one and getting it customized if that's the case. My biggest fear was getting ripped off with a knockoff. If I have to get a replica instead of a authentic that's fine just as long as it's legit. The ebay search begins! ;) Thanks again for your help. This forum is great! Anyone know where one would get that jersey customized with the correct lettering if Ice Jerseys isn't able to do it? Thanks again!

Where would someone go to find a 2000-01 NY Rangers Alternate (or blue away) Mike Richter jersey?

I guess a 54 would be the size, tho a replica would be fine too (size XL). Aside from icejerseys, I have no idea where to look for jerseys from trustworthy places. Thanks all!

is this what your looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-New-York-Rangers-V...%3A1|240%3A1318

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive never seen a CCM one before i thought they were all Koho..I have a Dunham Rangers Alternate..Ive never seen a Ritcher though.I will keep my eyes out for you :)

I just saw this one:

ebay: Alt Rangers Jersey

any experts see anything wrong with this? or should I keep an eye on it. Thanks guys.

Nothing wrong with this one. It's a replica from ca 1996-1997, with the CCM- and the small team logo in the hem

Nothing wrong with this one. It's a replica from ca 1996-1997, with the CCM- and the small team logo in the hem

Nice spotting the team logo on the hem I missed it and saw CCM and just thought 550. Those CCM replicas were a bit heavier and nicer in my opinion than the more recent CCM 550s.

I think it should fit you fine..At least its better than nothin :stickhndl: i will keep my eyes out for a XL one

I know you wanted a Rangers navy liberty (2000-01) but here's a Rangers white liberty (1998-99) authentic size 52 which should fit you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290287631109

2bbe_1.JPG2de2_1.JPG

White liberty authentics are somewhat rare as it is, let alone one already customized with Richter (unfortunately most white liberty NYR jerseys I see are Gretzkys). Personally I'd be all over this one myself but I picked up a size 54 of the same jersey not too long ago. The one in the auction above is nice because it has the 3-color name. As JeffB told informed me, the Rangers wore the 3 color names until the league made them switch early in the season to 2-color names because they didn't get permission for the 3rd color. Mine only has the 2-color name.

White liberty authentics are somewhat rare as it is, let alone one already customized with Richter (unfortunately most white liberty NYR jerseys I see are Gretzkys).

Ugh...I know what you mean. I hate seeing those awesome jerseys tagged with him on them. I've actually bought two authentic Rangers jerseys from that era with his name on it and stripped them both for re-customization.

I love those white Liberty jerseys. I hated that jersey design but, for some reason, the white one was really sharp looking. I have my eye on a Graves one on eBay(stay away!!) with the triple layered lettering. Here's hoping I can snag it.

Ugh...I know what you mean. I hate seeing those awesome jerseys tagged with him on them. I've actually bought two authentic Rangers jerseys from that era with his name on it and stripped them both for re-customization.

I love those white Liberty jerseys. I hated that jersey design but, for some reason, the white one was really sharp looking. I have my eye on a Graves one on eBay(stay away!!) with the triple layered lettering. Here's hoping I can snag it.

Yeh I've "rescued" two CCM authentic jerseys that were customized as Gretzky and stripped them. I eventually plan to make them into a Larmer with cup patch and an Amonte rookie season with NHL 75th anny patch.

I saw that Graves white liberty on eBay - luckily no where near my size so I won't be bidding on it. With the Graves retirement coming up that would be a nice one for someone to wear or at least add to their collection.

Something seems to be wrong with the font of his name though. The "3d effect" isn't there.