Removing numbers from jerseys

thebiggoalie

I recently received a white jersey with the wrong assistant captains "A" on it. Unfortunately, the correct one is much thinner than the existing one and I wish to replace it with the correct one. I have removed the thread and now I have to find a way to gently remove the letter while not damaging the jersey or leaving a lot of glue on it since it will probably be somewhat visible. Does anybody have any suggestions? All are appreciated. Thanks.

This thread, on another board should be helpful.

http://nextleveltalk.com/forum/viewtopic.p...tripping+jersey

I usually get out the seam ripper and see just how much glue I'm up against. Sometimes next to nothing, sometimes a bit, and sometimes it's not going anywhere and gets sewn back on.

If I do get the thing off and find I've got issues, I throw money at the problem and leave it to the professionals and take it to my local dry cleaner, who just happens, as I only recently learned, does work for the Minnesota Twins. $7 later and I'm good to go.

my local dry cleaners told me they wont dry clean the jersey because apparently on that little how to wash tag, it says not to dry clean jerseys

edit: maybe it only applies to ultrafil jerseys? I havent checked air knits

This thread, on another board should be helpful.

http://nextleveltalk.com/forum/viewtopic.p...tripping+jersey

I usually get out the seam ripper and see just how much glue I'm up against. Sometimes next to nothing, sometimes a bit, and sometimes it's not going anywhere and gets sewn back on.

If I do get the thing off and find I've got issues, I throw money at the problem and leave it to the professionals and take it to my local dry cleaner, who just happens, as I only recently learned, does work for the Minnesota Twins. $7 later and I'm good to go.

That's awesome, although I have never heard of "goof off". Any idea where I could pick it up?