Islanders Fisherman customization question

dmac25

so i have a 1995-96 isles white fisherman that i am sending in to have customized with CLARK

Wendel played there most of the 95-96 season. i have looked up pics and have seen different style fonts used for the assistant captain "A" on those jerseys. one is rounded at the top and the other has a sharp edge that comes out at two spots on the "A" and is flat at the top. i found a pic of wendel wearing the road blue fisherman that year and it is the flat version with the edges. i need to be sure that the white jersey featured the same style "A" but cant find a pic of anyone wearing the "A" during the 1995-96 season. can anyone confirm the style? nothing worse than a customization mistake. thanks!

That's the "A" that I have on my jersey and the only picture that I have. There's no reason why they would change it on their white jersey

post-935-1224283947_thumb.jpgthanks for that pic. however, that was from the 1996-97 season (hence the isles 25th patch). clark only played for the isles the previous season (1995-96) which was the debut season for the jersey. i found a pic of him in the road blue and the "A" is waaaay different. post-935-1224283947_thumb.jpg

post-935-1224283947_thumb.jpgthanks for that pic. however, that was from the 1996-97 season (hence the isles 25th patch). clark only played for the isles the previous season (1995-96) which was the debut season for the jersey. i found a pic of him in the road blue and the "A" is waaaay different. post-935-1224283947_thumb.jpg

Yeah the Avalanche "A"

This is a weird one. I could have sworn the Isles had the original logo on the wave jersey the year that they wore the 25th patch as well. According to nhluniforms.com, that year was a confusing one for the Islanders as it seemed they had an identity crisis since they had both logos on the white and the blue jerseys in the 96-97 year.

That's right they did. The fans hated the new logo so much in 1995-96, that management was basically forced to change the jerseys. In 1996-97, they wore the original crest jersey like a 3rd jersey. Then, the next year in 1997-98, it was their primary jersey. I always thought the wave jersey with the original crest was the better looking jersey actually.

great point out on the avalanche style "A". i believe it is exactly the same. as a detroit area native i am not much of an avalanche jersey expert:)

just did some looking and it does appear to be exactly the same. font copy cats!! i will probably post a whole new topic but i am selling most of my collection. i know i have sold to some people on here before. i have a few on ebay now (dmac25) and have a ton more. i have a 1997 isles wave style (with the traditional logo) size 54 BERARD that i will be listing soon. it has EXACT team spec customizing with the glacier twill material, wave nameplate etc. my webshots album (username dmac251) has most of what i will be listing. i always sell to forum members first.

Could you post the link to your album on webshots?

thanks