Ilya Kovalchuk

Mach_9

Did Ilya get hot or what? Game is still in progress and he's got a goal and assist so far tonight, giving him 10 goals and 11 assists now this season. After a slow start, it's nice to see one of hockey's brightest stars start to truly shine. With Hossa looking to be in top form this year as well, I think the Thrashers are an exciting team to watch any night of the week.

Ovie seems to have picked it up to. He's got 9 goals now, and something like 8 assists, after also being off to a slow start. I bet he'll pick it up and put together a solid year.

Did Ilya get hot or what? Game is still in progress and he's got a goal and assist so far tonight, giving him 10 goals and 11 assists now this season. After a slow start, it's nice to see one of hockey's brightest stars start to truly shine. With Hossa looking to be in top form this year as well, I think the Thrashers are an exciting team to watch any night of the week.

Ovie seems to have picked it up to. He's got 9 goals now, and something like 8 assists, after also being off to a slow start. I bet he'll pick it up and put together a solid year.

Yeah, after such a slow start he just caught fire. Since he got his first goal he has scored a point in every but 1 game. One thing I have seen improve in him the past couple seasons is that he has improved his defensive game, he still isn't an elite defender and likely never will be but he has improved.

God it is fun to watch the guy unload on the power play.

I'm guessing we all saw him score with Crosby in the box last year? The finger pointing was sensational.

I'm guessing we all saw him score with Crosby in the box last year? The finger pointing was sensational.

Yeah, one thing about Kovalchuk is he isn't shy about letting what he is thinking on the ice be known.

Yeah, one thing about Kovalchuk is he isn't shy about letting what he is thinking on the ice be known.

Hat trick tonight for Ilya and an assist. Hossa had a goal and assist as well. 24 points for Hossa, 23 for Kovie.

Ovechkin picked up two goals in Washington's OT win.

I wanted him and Hossa as my one-two in my hockey pool, had to pick first overall so I couldn't let Thornton, Crosby or Jagr be hand outs. Maybe next year. By the way I went with Thornton, I didn't get all those guys.

I wanted him and Hossa as my one-two in my hockey pool, had to pick first overall so I couldn't let Thornton, Crosby or Jagr be hand outs. Maybe next year. By the way I went with Thornton, I didn't get all those guys.

I wanted Kovalchuk too, but he was taken right before I picked so I had to settle for Hossa. Not too shabby though, especially when you consider I am currently in second but making my move for first.

From ESPN

The Thrashers have played only 17 games this season, but Ilya Kovalchuk has already tied an NHL season record by recording his second game of the season with at least three power-play goals. The only other players in league history with two power-play hat tricks in one season were Mike Bossy (1981-82 Islanders), Bernie Nicholls (1981-82 Kings) and Dino Ciccarelli (1985-86 North Stars).

From ESPN

The Thrashers have played only 17 games this season, but Ilya Kovalchuk has already tied an NHL season record by recording his second game of the season with at least three power-play goals. The only other players in league history with two power-play hat tricks in one season were Mike Bossy (1981-82 Islanders), Bernie Nicholls (1981-82 Kings) and Dino Ciccarelli (1985-86 North Stars).

Wow. So Ilya is the league's special teams superstar. And will never have a good +- because of it. Still very impressive.