Chicago Blackhawks

lafountain

I realized that the team was doing poorly since Havlat got hurt but I didn't realize how bad it has been. Including the game he got hurt they have lost 7 in a row, 6 without him. Khabibulin got hurt 2 games later and that didn't help matters.

Then I was looking at their roster and saw all the players they have that are hurt and wow it was a list of names for their team.

Havlat

Khabibulin

Handzus

Lalime

They are going to need Khabibulin and Havlat to get healthy if they want to have any type of successful season, this much was already known.

Havlat still leads the team in Goals and Points and is tied for second in assists despite only playing in 7 out of the teams 13 games. Bourque has played well for them but he isn't capable of doing it by himself.

I realized that the team was doing poorly since Havlat got hurt but I didn't realize how bad it has been. Including the game he got hurt they have lost 7 in a row, 6 without him. Khabibulin got hurt 2 games later and that didn't help matters.

Then I was looking at their roster and saw all the players they have that are hurt and wow it was a list of names for their team.

Havlat

Khabibulin

Handzus

Lalime

They are going to need Khabibulin and Havlat to get healthy if they want to have any type of successful season, this much was already known.

Havlat still leads the team in Goals and Points and is tied for second in assists despite only playing in 7 out of the teams 13 games. Bourque has played well for them but he isn't capable of doing it by himself.

Havlat should be back soon and I'm eager to see if he will be able to do enough to get this team back on the scoreboard. Guys like Borque have so much potential and the Hawks could have a great defensive corps in a few years, but right now, they're just not ready. Havlat is still only 7-10 points off the league lead and it'll be interesting to see if he can pickup the pace where he left off. I'm looking forward to it, as he's one of the most dynamic players out there...

• 4 weeks later...

So Khabibulin looked sharp as anything tonight and the Blackhawks pulled off a big upset. Savard says he wants Havlat in the lineup on the 5th or 7th. I like how a 2-3 week injury turned into 50 days out of the lineup. It's kind of like how Derek Roy was injured and we were told he had a bruised hand and would miss 10 days, and than it was later revealed that he had broken the hand and he's missed more than 10 days already - though he may be back Friday. Anyhow, good stuff tonight from Chicago. Ruined my 3/3 night too.