Ughhh

ZoomZoom18

I bought the teal Sharks Premier replica jersey just back in May, a day after they lost to the Stars in the 4OT thriller, which ended their season. I love the jersey and the style, despite the previous one being my favorite. I've not worn this jersey too much, and have kept it hanging up in the closet most of the time. I can probably count the times I've worn it this summer on one hand and they've usually been around the house. Out here in the Arizona summer, hockey jersey wear is at a minimum to none, at least for me.

I decided to wear it last night. To my dismay I noticed that the shoulder patches (that Rbk decided were so necessary to change the material-wise on the new replicas) are starting to fade on BOTH patches. That never happened on a 550s of course. I am ticked off about it. I know now that whenever I get one of these Premiers, I'm going to have to go with a team that doesn't have a shoulder patch (or patches)... I had a bad feeling that would happen. Those have always felt too cheap.

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I'm moving to Dallas and am planning on getting their new jersey. It answers a question regarding the future Dallas Stars jersey that I'm going to purchase. That baby is going to have to be an authentic...

Wow, hadn't noticed that on the replicas. Will have to check mine to see how they are.

As for the Stars jersey, my wife has asked me to look into getting her one for the games in Dallas as well. Showed her the styles that the Stars wear and she said the white one is the only one she likes, so that made that part of the decision simple. So looks like 2 Road Stars jerseys will be purchased sometime in the future by me.

I know now that whenever I get one of these Premiers, I'm going to have to go with a team that doesn't have a shoulder patch (or patches)... I had a bad feeling that would happen. Those have always felt too cheap.

I feel the same way man, I've come to the point where I have to have new jersey and know sooner or later I'll cave, but I'm trying to stay away from teams with shoulder patches too, besides the fading, I don't like that they are a different material. I would consider getting one w/ patches, removing them and putting authentic patches on, if I can get my hands on them knowing that they are the same size.

I would consider getting one w/ patches, removing them and putting authentic patches on, if I can get my hands on them knowing that they are the same size.

You know, I've actually kicked that around myself. I just need to find a place to do it. If I ever get that far, I'll have to check exclusive pro and see if they'd be able to do that. I'm thinking that we may start to see more patches pop up on EBay as time goes on and the Edge thing continues.

As for the Stars jerseys. I'm a sucker for a sharp black jersey. Its one of my favorite colors when done right. I didn't like the black Stars jersey at first, but it grew on me the more I saw it. I'd love to see them do more with the white, like add more color. I'm not a big fan of the numbers on the front, but that seems to be the in thing at the moment. I was disappointed to hear that supposedly the new alternate is going to be white, instead of green.

I feel the same way man, I've come to the point where I have to have new jersey and know sooner or later I'll cave, but I'm trying to stay away from teams with shoulder patches too, besides the fading, I don't like that they are a different material. I would consider getting one w/ patches, removing them and putting authentic patches on, if I can get my hands on them knowing that they are the same size.

The first time I tried to cover a "plastic patch" with an embroidered version of the same patch they turned out to be different shapes. The patch I wanted to use was taller and narrower than the one on the jersey. I feared the original one would scar the jersey if removed so I had to scrap that idea. <_<

dallas_allstar_logo2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

None of my NHL premier's has had any problems. I have a couple AHL premier's, which have a slightly different shoulder patch. It is not sewn on, it is a screened-cloth, glued on. I have a Lake Erie Monsters white (which is home in the A, as it should be, IMO) that I wore quite a bit, and washed a few times. The shoulder patches have held up very well, somewhat surprisingly. My concern is with the main crest, which has shown some signs of fraying around the edges. And the material on these jerseys, Canadian-made, is slightly thinner than the Indonesian-made NHL premier's. The seams, especially on the elbows, have a tendency to come undone.