Memorial Cup Championship

I never thought the actual game(which was GREAT by the way; Spokane won 4-1) would take a backseat but holy crap this takes the cake! After the Chiefs beat Kitchener, during the Cup presentation, captain Chris Bruton passed the trophy off to another one of his teammates...who promptly DROPPED it! The Cup itself and one of the little skater guys broke off of the base. I couldn't believe it. Everyone on the ice was just stunned and the crowd booed mercilessly. It was pretty funny watching the rest of the guys skate around with both the base AND the Cup. It was definitely a first. The Campbell Bowl is one thing(I'm looking at you Trevor Linden) but to drop the championship trophy? Yikes!

That thing just snapped into two pieces while he was trying to hand it off. Seems like it wasn't put together very well.

Holy crap, look at that. I turned away for a split second and just assumed that the other guy dropped it but it did just break in two...a little too easily too.