Lettering Kit Question

Finny

http://www.coolhockey.com/cool_player_kits.php#step2

This site has some older fonts etc for jerseys, was going to pick up my Buffalo kits for my old jerseys. Based on what I'm reading they talk about needing to have an iron, well I don't want to heat press mine just stitch them. Figure this is a viable option the deal they have?

Does LaFontaine's jersey have a small letter 'a' in his name?

As far as I know there was a smaller a in LaFontaine.

That's a great site actually. The only question I have would be whether or not they use air-knit nameplates or twill. Ordering a Rangers or a Red Wings kit is simple enough but what about the other teams that used nameplates?

I'll run it by them. I e-mailed them about size, I wear a fairly average size jersey so I doubt there is an issue but I don't want my kit to look too big or too small.

EDIT - I measured them to my authentics and it's about spot on to a size 52 font so yeah I think this might work well. I assume I am looking for the air knit nameplate to match the jersey.

This site has some older fonts etc for jerseys, was going to pick up my Buffalo kits for my old jerseys. Based on what I'm reading they talk about needing to have an iron, well I don't want to heat press mine just stitch them. Figure this is a viable option the deal they have?

Does LaFontaine's jersey have a small letter 'a' in his name?

Based on what I could see, it varied from uniform to uniform. I have seen many pictures of the smaller A and many pictures with the full-size A. So for the most part it appears you can't go wrong either way.

Though are you talking about the Blue and Gold or the Black and Red?

I would imagine that an air-knit nameplate wouldn't be hard to come across for someone in that business but whether or not they send them is the question. If so, I'll go for more. As it stands now, I just bought a Rangers Graves 3rd kit and a Red Wings Yzerman kit. We'll see when they show up.

This site has some older fonts etc for jerseys, was going to pick up my Buffalo kits for my old jerseys. Based on what I'm reading they talk about needing to have an iron, well I don't want to heat press mine just stitch them.

You have to heat press the numbers and letters first before stitching. Every customiser does it that way