Name and number removal

Brilliant!

Okay so I've gotten the stitching around the letters off of my Bruins jersey...

onBruinscirca1991bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

but they're still heat-sealed on. What's the best way to get the yellow layer off? I'm working on the numbers too but they're all sealed as well. I don't want to ruin this jersey but I do want it to be recustomized. Any ideas?

Well, I went the iron route. I put a shirt over the letters and number, put the iron on it for a little while and peeled them off little by little. I got them all of but there's some residue left over. I was kinda expecting that. The letters don't bother me as much because I'll put a nameplate over it but the number portion is pretty ugly. It's in the wash right now so we'll see what happens when it comes out.

Okay so I've gotten the stitching around the letters off of my Bruins jersey...

onBruinscirca1991bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

but they're still heat-sealed on. What's the best way to get the yellow layer off? I'm working on the numbers too but they're all sealed as well. I don't want to ruin this jersey but I do want it to be recustomized. Any ideas?

The only way is to pull it off from the jersey. There's no way to save the jersey if the numbers and letters were heated up for too long.

The number 8 was horribly wrong, the lettering font was wrong and the letters were sewn directly onto the jersey instead of being on a nameplate.

It´s funny about those number 8´s.....i have a Washington white "eagle" jersey where the number 8 was too low, i had to take it off and place it a little higher, there is no scar, coz they did not use a lot of glue and the jersey was newly sewn.

I still think that white "eagle" jersey kicks a-hole..... B)

You can still get one...... :lol:

http://www.whitneyhouse.com/Alexander-Ovec...849,c50116.html

neely-vi.jpg

Gar.

Oh no, that's the worst I've ever seen. The number was heated up too long. Did you hit the iron directly onto the jersey?

To make the best out of it, if the correct font doesn't cover that mess, you have to sew some airknit material to the back of the number, closing the inside holes of the #8. Hopefully the new number will cover the rest. I hope you know what I mean.

Well, I went the iron route. I put a shirt over the letters and number, put the iron on it for a little while and peeled them off little by little. I got them all of but there's some residue left over. I was kinda expecting that. The letters don't bother me as much because I'll put a nameplate over it but the number portion is pretty ugly. It's in the wash right now so we'll see what happens when it comes out.

I didn't see this post because we posted the same minute. Heating up the numbers for removal was a big mistake. Did you put a dry shirt over the number? That would explain, why it turned so dark.

I have a plan for it. From what I can tell, the correct 8 used was about the same height as this one but wider. If I can find the proper font for the 8, I can take two small squares of air-knit material and sew them underneath the gaps in the 8 so that it will cover up any marks still visible. It's worth a try.

• 1 year later...

if you use a product called Goof Off (bought at home depot) and a tooth brush it takes the glue from the lettering off in like 5 minutes (whole jersey) be careful that it has limited contact with other patches though so it doesn't hurt them. also wash the jersey and then leave it somewhere vented to air it out for a while after.