Help with an Eastern C. allstar jersey

ENTE22

I was considering getting the latest eastern allstar jersey, patched with a senator patch and most likely Spezza on the back.

Should I look for one blank then get all the customization done later, or buy one customized with Spezza / number and do the patchwork myself?

Anyone with experiences buying allstar authentics? (edge) :skaterred:

Anything to contribute to the topic is appreciated

I was considering getting the latest eastern allstar jersey, patched with a senator patch and most likely Spezza on the back.

Should I look for one blank then get all the customization done later, or buy one customized with Spezza / number and do the patchwork myself?

Anyone with experiences buying allstar authentics? (edge) :skaterred:

Anything to contribute to the topic is appreciated

My personal opinion is to buy blank and then have everything done at once. No real reason, but the one All-Star jersey I have, that is what I did. That is also what I plan on doing with this years All-Star jersey that I am yet to buy.

probably the best choice, the price is fairly stiff though, i think its 300 blank and/or customized, so might aswell get it with the nameplate / number from shop.nhl.com and patch it myself

I believe the last place on Earth you want customizing a jersey is shop.nhl.com.

They use screen printed letters and numbers made to look as if they are sewn on, when in fact only the bottom layer is actually sewn. Others should be able to confirm this for me.

You would probably be much happier to get the jersey blank and have it properly customized with fully sewn names and numbers from icejerseys or the customizer of your choice.

probably the best choice, the price is fairly stiff though, i think its 300 blank and/or customized, so might aswell get it with the nameplate / number from shop.nhl.com and patch it myself

Customization on shop.nhl.com is another $80. So your best bet might be buy the authentic jersey from ebay (Trusted Seller) and then send it to icejerseys which would be $80 for customization. So your total is $330 + shipping, which is better than the $380 + shipping you are looking at from shop.nhl.com.

I believe the last place on Earth you want customizing a jersey is shop.nhl.com.

They use screen printed letters and numbers made to look as if they are sewn on, when in fact only the bottom layer is actually sewn. Others should be able to confirm this for me.

You would probably be much happier to get the jersey blank and have it properly customized with fully sewn names and numbers from icejerseys or the customizer of your choice.

I know that is how they do replicas, but don't they do authentic customization for authentics?

After reading the feedback on the shop.nhl, im deifnitely not customizing it there, however, its quite the hassle shipping it first to Norway, then back to icejerseys, then back to Norway again, not only for the shippingcost, but for the ridiculous norwegian customs laws aswell.

As a sidenote, itll cost me 30-40 $ for the customs work alone, and another 25 % of the total cost for taxes on top of the shippingcost one way :P

After reading the feedback on the shop.nhl, im deifnitely not customizing it there, however, its quite the hassle shipping it first to Norway, then back to icejerseys, then back to Norway again, not only for the shippingcost, but for the ridiculous norwegian customs laws aswell.

As a sidenote, itll cost me 30-40 $ for the customs work alone, and another 25 % of the total cost for taxes on top of the shippingcost one way :P

Ah, was not aware you were located overseas. That does change the scenario a bit. Depending on your size, there are a couple of other options for ordering it customized. Unfortunately icejerseys is out of authentic Eastern jerseys. One of their competetors (Rivercitysports) does have the Eastern Authentic available in size 50 and their customization work is quite good (I know a couple people from this board have bought EDGE jerseys from them and the customization is top-notch). Afterwards you could sew on your Senators patch.

The sizing issue is still one Im uncertain of. Im kind of between sizes 50 and 52, knowing the EDGE fit however, 52 might be better.

If I chose to get an allstar jersey or just a regular ottawajersey, rivercitysports will have decent cutomization work then hopefully :)