Winter Classic jerseys: True Replicas VS. Ebay Knockoffs

thebiggoalie

After reading many threads about the Winter classic jerseys, and the lack of an Authentic reproduction, and the few people who have bought Edge knockoffs on Ebay, does anyone here actually have an opinion which one is better? I have read a few posts in which buyers mention the knockoffs are not that bad, but an actual Crosby replica from a retailer are $200 and don't even include the WC patch. I stopped at the pro-shop in my local rink before a game last night (we won 7 to 2) and tried a black penguins replica and I was really disappointed in it, so I think I may even try a knockoff and have it repersonalized. Any opinions will be greatly acknowledged.

Also, if anyone does prefer the knockoffs, can you mention the ebayer you purchased from for a recommendation? Thanks

One thing to keep in mind if you are considering the Winter Classic replica is that they used the old 550 style, so you can't compare them to the new Premier replica. The WC replica jersey is like the old replicas and I'd be willing to bet that the Edge knockoff WC jersey is closer to the Premier than the Edge, but I could be wrong. It really depends on your preference I guess.

Rivercitysports has the Crosby premiere replica for sale. I called to speak to someone and they did say the customization is sewn, not printed, to NHL specs. It does NOT included the WC patch. I would much rather build my own with a CCM 550 replica, but I can't find them anywhere. As with pretty much anyone else here, I don't care for the new RBK jerseys. I think they are way too overpriced, and uncomfortable, to top that off, they don't even make an authentic WC jersey.

I'm not sure what size you wear, but...https://www.icejerseys.com/cart/item_details.php?id=6120

LOL, have you seen my screen name? Medium is way too small, but I did find this: http://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=126045

It's either that jersey, or a Korean knockoff on Ebay, but I was really thinking of picking one up soon. I know the korean knockoff would look a lot better if i had IJ recustomize it as well, so I would have to add that onto the cost of the Ebay knockoff.

It's the same style jersey at RC. My main concern is that I tried on a replica premiere jersey last night and I was extremely disappointed in it. I hope the Blue WC jerseys at least have a sewn logo on it. The black Pens jersey only had an ironed on logo.

Thanks for your help, though.

The logo on the WC replica is ironed/glued. Not sure which, but definately not sewn. :(

If you wanted to, you should be able to order a blank one from there and check it out first, then return it if you aren't satisfied. You wont' have that option if you go the E-Bay route first.

The logo on the WC replica is ironed/glued. Not sure which, but definately not sewn. :(

If you wanted to, you should be able to order a blank one from there and check it out first, then return it if you aren't satisfied. You wont' have that option if you go the E-Bay route first.

I guess I could sew the logo too, but this is what I mean that the new reebok jerseys, both authentic and replica, are rediculous. I mentioned this in a thread a month ago about the new reebok jerseys. Rather than make third jerseys next season, they should worry about making a better product, then people wouldn't steer towards a much cheaper knockoff on Ebay.

Not a bad idea to try that first, Thanks. Anyone else actually own one?

Not a bad idea to try that first, Thanks. Anyone else actually own one?

The 550 Winter Classic Jersey or an ebay knockoff? I have a black knockoff from ebay I can speak of.

The 550 Winter Classic Jersey or an ebay knockoff? I have a black knockoff from ebay I can speak of.

Do tell... I have been looking at those too, but weighing the options first.

I actually meant I would try the Official replica first, by the way.

I have a black jersey, its cut like an edge jersey, it has the tail on the back, the cut in the side to make the back flap and has most or all the pieces sewn just like the penguins edge jerseys. The material isn't stretchy and I got a 52, when I usually get at a 48, since they tend to be small when you order these knockoffs. The numbers are one layer screened and sewn on without any adhesive (except the "C" on the Crosby jersey) and the patches are actual sewn patches. The fight strap is good, the fabric doesn't stretch like a true authentic would. Overall not bad, I wanted an expendable jersey I could strip and try to customize. I think you have to take the numbers off since the ones that came on it are so cheap and flimsy. But if you want just the jersey and get the authentic lettering, its a solid pickup.

I have a black jersey, its cut like an edge jersey, it has the tail on the back, the cut in the side to make the back flap and has most or all the pieces sewn just like the penguins edge jerseys. The material isn't stretchy and I got a 52, when I usually get at a 48, since they tend to be small when you order these knockoffs. The numbers are one layer screened and sewn on without any adhesive (except the "C" on the Crosby jersey) and the patches are actual sewn patches. The fight strap is good, the fabric doesn't stretch like a true authentic would. Overall not bad, I wanted an expendable jersey I could strip and try to customize. I think you have to take the numbers off since the ones that came on it are so cheap and flimsy. But if you want just the jersey and get the authentic lettering, its a solid pickup.

That's kind of what I'm looking for. Do you have a link to the Ebayer you bought it from?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=011

Right now he only has the blue ones listed, but I won the white one, and he was able to get me a black one, so he might still have black or white stock.

I would much rather build my own with a CCM 550 replica

That is exactly what I am doing right now. I found a local store that had a blue 550 Vintage Line in medium only and had them order a larger one for me.

I was able to get a correct number kit to put on it. If you have seen the photo of the one Crosby wore in the game that I attached, the Captain's "C" is the same font as the numbers with some funky bevels (like the serif on the top of the "7"), where everyone else in the world seems to be using the wrong font for the "C".

The patch was an easy find on ebay.

Now I just need to get it sewn on and scare up white laces for the neck since the CCM 550 Vintage line came with dark blue ones.

post-114-1206588250_thumb.jpg

That is exactly what I am doing right now. I found a local store that had a blue 550 Vintage Line in medium only and had them order a larger one for me.

I was able to get a correct number kit to put on it. If you have seen the photo of the one Crosby wore in the game that I attached, the Captain's "C" is the same font as the numbers with some funky bevels (like the serif on the "7"), where everyone else in the world seems to be using the wrong font for the "C".

The patch was an easy find on ebay.

Now I just need to get it sewn on and scare up white laces for the neck since the CCM 550 Vintage line came with dark blue ones.

I can only find the Reebok 550 replicas. I can't find the CCM 550 vintage replicas. Anyone know where I can find them?

Right now he only has the blue ones listed, but I won the white one, and he was able to get me a black one, so he might still have black or white stock.

For a knock off, that looks pretty good. If I wanted a WC jersey, I would just settle for ordering one from River City and putting the WC patch on myself. But the knock off probably has the fight strap, I wonder what the build quality is like.

does the logo feel solid to you? I once bought a knockoff from griffenfood and the logo was only stitched around the edges and it started to fray. There was also no glue reinforcing it to the jersey which would have helped.

Yeah, the logo on the black one I have seems good without the glue.

Seems theyre starting to make fakes for other teams' RBK Authentics as well...

Here's a Rangers one.

Fake Lundqvist RBK Edge Authentic

The customization looks poor, as does the positioning of the letters on the front. Besides that though, Id be interested to see the quality of the jersey given the price.

Seems theyre starting to make fakes for other teams' RBK Authentics as well...

Here's a Rangers one.

Fake Lundqvist RBK Edge Authentic

The customization looks poor, as does the positioning of the letters on the front. Besides that though, Id be interested to see the quality of the jersey given the price.

wow that is horrible. seriously, as simple as the Rangers' jersey is compared to others, you think they'd be able to come up with something a bit closer.

wow that is horrible. seriously, as simple as the Rangers' jersey is compared to others, you think they'd be able to come up with something a bit closer.

The name on the back and the positioning of the front letters are definitely way off. The "A" and "S" on the front are also cut wrong as well.

Guy has 100% positive feedback though, so they may be decent fakes for the price.

Ouch! :blink: those letters on the front are disgusting. You could have preschoolers trace and cut out more exact letters than that... but that's probably what's happening overseas anyway.

The name on the back and the positioning of the front letters are definitely way off. The "A" and "S" on the front are also cut wrong as well.

Guy has 100% positive feedback though, so they may be decent fakes for the price.

Saw another one this morning that wasn't quite as bad (couldn't really tell due to small pic)

Another Fake RBK Edge Lundqvist

But what I found most interesting was that they were showing the Leetch retirement night patch on the jersey.

5b02_1.JPG

If the price was $10-15 cheaper I'd be tempted to order one just for fun to see what the quality of the jersey and patch are.

Well RBK never produced authentic Winter Classic Jerseys. I got the edge one from Ice Jerseys and had them put on Malkin. I love it. They did a great job with the numbering and lettering.