How is the edge selling

tomtucker

Compared to the "old" authentics, anybody know any numbers from around the world.... :P

Since they are more expensive i would think the numbers are down.

And i can only speak for myself, but i just don´t like most of the new jersey designs.....so i have not purchased any....i think most of them suck to be earnest :closedeyes:

Anyone know...?

I was upset about the cash grab change to Edge jerseys but after purchasing a few I am very pleased with them, they are very nice and fit much better as I have a long reach so was forced to go to a larger size on the old 6100's which then made my jersey a dress. With the Edge the sleeves are lengthened without changes to length of torso. One thing is for sure..the new replica "Premier" are of poor quality and I have friends who have noticed already fabrics starting to pill and loosen..just overall crap.

• 9 months later...
The replica Rbk Edge jerseys are garbage. I don't know why anyone would buy one.

Well for one they are not $299. I mean ill splurge on my jerseys every now and then but to me 299 for a blank jersey is just too much to spend right now. I only have one edge and it's already starting to pull just by wearing it around the house once or twice. I would like to see an Authentic in person but its hard to find one down my way in stores.

I love the authentics, currently have a Canucks Willie Mitchell. The replicas are junk, I have one but I got it for 30 bucks.

Well for one they are not $299. I mean ill splurge on my jerseys every now and then but to me 299 for a blank jersey is just too much to spend right now. I only have one edge and it's already starting to pull just by wearing it around the house once or twice. I would like to see an Authentic in person but its hard to find one down my way in stores.

that's my biggest sticking point right now. $300 for a blank jersey is insane. I just don't have the money to throw on a blank authentic. :(

I'll gladly accept donations from all you guys loaded with cash :D

I looked at the replicas at a local store. The lettering kits on the jerseys are a joke. The material the jersey is made of feels cheep to me. Reebok or greed destroyed a good thing.

Edited by MRichards18

I was upset about the cash grab change to Edge jerseys but after purchasing a few I am very pleased with them, they are very nice and fit much better as I have a long reach so was forced to go to a larger size on the old 6100's which then made my jersey a dress.

I have the opposite problem. The old 6100s fit great in the body and the sleeves, although a tad long, were really ok. I had to go up two sizes in the Edge to get a comfortable, loose fit. With the Edge's already longer sleeves I have to leave my hands completely covered by inches of extra fabric or roll them up (and I don't like the look either way).

I wouldn't have even gotten one if I hadn't run into some deals. The only exception to that was the Winter Classic I just got. TTS did free customization on theirs so I went for it. And honestly, if it wasn't for my Christmas bonus I still would have thought twice about getting the Edge. The WC replicas are the 6100 cut and look pretty nice too.

I'm also curious about how well the Edge is actually selling.

Here is a good look at the difference between the Rbk Edge and the CCM 6100.

Flyers6.gif

Edited by MRichards18

CCM 6100. The perfect jersey, imo. What was wrong with this jersey? Nothing. League greed had to ruin another good thing in my beloved sport.

Flyers4.gif

Edited by MRichards18

Ha,ha, i was just looking at mine today (my flyers jersey that is) i have the "old" authentic style with #12 on it..........Home white....yeah i said it..........and the jersey kicks A-hole!....even though it is not CCM, but from the year when Reebok first took over.....it´s just awesome :stickhndl: