Jets alternate captains, 95/96

DerbyCoyote

Sorry if there's already a thread for asking stuff like this, but does anyone know whether Numminen or Selanne (before his trade) wore an A for the Jets in their final season?

no they didn't

I believe it was a combo of Kris King C, Tkatchuk (A) and Dave Manson (A)

You could also try to see if Getty Images has any photos from back then. You just might confirm that or find a couple of exceptions where someone may have worn it a time or two.

You could also try to see if Getty Images has any photos from back then. You just might confirm that or find a couple of exceptions where someone may have worn it a time or two.

Good idea Jeff. Can find pics of both of them sporting the A in the right jersey on there, but the dates on the pictures don't really match (the one of Teppo's dated 2000 for instance). Reckon Philly's right, but I know King missed the last ever game and got replaced by Tkachuk, and I reckon Teppo got the A on that one (link, that's him in the front isn't it?).

Good idea Jeff. Can find pics of both of them sporting the A in the right jersey on there, but the dates on the pictures don't really match (the one of Teppo's dated 2000 for instance). Reckon Philly's right, but I know King missed the last ever game and got replaced by Tkachuk, and I reckon Teppo got the A on that one (link, that's him in the front isn't it?).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying King was the Jets captain during their last season, but Tkachuk wore the "C" for the one and only time during the last ever home game?

I'd really like to confirm that if true.

JeffB

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying King was the Jets captain during their last season, but Tkachuk wore the "C" for the one and only time during the last ever home game?

JeffB

Tkachuk was captain until Kris King was made captain for that last year.

DC is right though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995-96_Winnipeg_Jets_season

JeffB

According to Wikipedia here are the Captains of the Jets in the 90's.

Dale Hawerchuk, Thomas Steen & Randy Carlyle (tri-captains) , 1989-90

Thomas Steen & Randy Carlyle (co-captains) , 1990-91

Troy Murray, 1991-93

Dean Kennedy, 1993

Keith Tkachuk, 1993-95

Kris King, 1995-96

According to Wikipedia here are the Captains of the Jets in the 90's.

Dale Hawerchuk, Thomas Steen & Randy Carlyle (tri-captains) , 1989-90

Thomas Steen & Randy Carlyle (co-captains) , 1990-91

Troy Murray, 1991-93

Dean Kennedy, 1993

Keith Tkachuk, 1993-95

Kris King, 1995-96

Yeah, King was captain that year, but did his knee in game 5 of the playoffs on a hit from Fedorov (link). Don't know if that was the only time Tkachuk got upgraded that season.