How rare is this?

BlueShirtOn34thStreet

I'm looking for a Rangers one as well.

I think our best bet is to buy that year's jersey and have it completely customized. Not sure many places would be able to do it, but I think Cosby's would be the best bet. Could be pretty pricey though when all is said and done.

This is something I have thought about doing as well, although I think the Rangers one will go less noticed as it says NEW YORK down the front, which while they don't any more, as they did in the 1990s, so its not like Buffalo's jersey which is obviously different. The way I would go about it, is ordering a blank jersey from IJ, the only difference is it will have the CCM logo screened on the hem vs. the CCM or KOHO tag on the neck. The Buffalo one is easy, you just order an extra player name in New York, since its the player name font. The Rangers, if IJ cant get you that font, I bet there is a place on line that can. I think it hard part is hunting the correct Rangers font down, the rest is just applying pieces to the puzzle.

This is something I have thought about doing as well, although I think the Rangers one will go less noticed as it says NEW YORK down the front, which while they don't any more, as they did in the 1990s, so its not like Buffalo's jersey which is obviously different. The way I would go about it, is ordering a blank jersey from IJ, the only difference is it will have the CCM logo screened on the hem vs. the CCM or KOHO tag on the neck. The Buffalo one is easy, you just order an extra player name in New York, since its the player name font. The Rangers, if IJ cant get you that font, I bet there is a place on line that can. I think it hard part is hunting the correct Rangers font down, the rest is just applying pieces to the puzzle.

You guys just gave me the idea of finding a regular Koho Rangers Authentic and removed "RANGERS" to replace it with " NEW YORK". Oh, did the Rangers wear the white or the blue jersey that day? Probably the blue one, right? Did Lindros play in that game too? I can't find any pics.

They did wear the blue, but I'm not sure of Lindros. That is a great idea, by the way. Post the pics when you are finished!

I also think only the Rangers wore the ribbon patch on their left shoulder, like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Worn-New-York-Ran...1QQcmdZViewItem

You guys just gave me the idea of finding a regular Koho Rangers Authentic and removed "RANGERS" to replace it with " NEW YORK". Oh, did the Rangers wear the white or the blue jersey that day? Probably the blue one, right? Did Lindros play in that game too? I can't find any pics.

RangersSabres100701.gif

No need to thank me for the idea lol..

You guys are getting good at this. :thumbsup:

I've got the Rangers tie-neck blank in blue and the Sabres white both blank from IceJerseys. I was also able to get the Sabres shoulder patches from ebay, since they do not come with those when you buy an uncrested jersey since they are, um, well, uncrested.

Luckily the Rangers don't have shoulder logos you have to hunt down.

I'm still looking for some place to do the front of the jerseys. Many places won't touch the front since that is "cresting" and they only do names and numbers. Something to do with liscensing from the good ol' NHL.

As stated, the Sabres is an easier work around since the font on the front is the same as the names on the back. I assume it's the same size, but I'm not sure.

I was going to do my Rangers as a Messier and my Sabres as a Stu Barnes since both were the Captains. The Barnes will also allow me to add #41 back into my collection since I sold a Thibault I once owned.

I haven't been pursing this project since I got laid off, but you guys seem to have a pretty good grasp on the details of what's needed to pull it off.

I'd be a little wary of buying an already crested Rangers jersey and having to remove all of the lettering, but if you have to have a fight strap authentic, this may be your only option to pursue.

Now that I read this thread, I only wish I had completed jerseys to post photos of!

You guys are getting good at this. :thumbsup:

I've got the Rangers tie-neck blank in blue and the Sabres white both blank from IceJerseys. I was also able to get the Sabres shoulder patches from ebay, since they do not come with those when you buy an uncrested jersey since they are, um, well, uncrested.

Luckily the Rangers don't have shoulder logos you have to hunt down.

I'm still looking for some place to do the front of the jerseys. Many places won't touch the front since that is "cresting" and they only do names and numbers. Something to do with liscensing from the good ol' NHL.

As stated, the Sabres is an easier work around since the font on the front is the same as the names on the back. I assume it's the same size, but I'm not sure.

I was going to do my Rangers as a Messier and my Sabres as a Stu Barnes since both were the Captains. The Barnes will also allow me to add #41 back into my collection since I sold a Thibault I once owned.

I haven't been pursing this project since I got laid off, but you guys seem to have a pretty good grasp on the details of what's needed to pull it off.

I'd be a little wary of buying an already crested Rangers jersey and having to remove all of the lettering, but if you have to have a fight strap authentic, this may be your only option to pursue.

Now that I read this thread, I only wish I had completed jerseys to post photos of!

If you know how to sew, I can make you the letters, if you want :D

Great ideas guys! As a native NYer, this jersey would be really special for me. I definitely plan on doing it but don't have the funds at this moment to get it done.

I plan on putting "Always Remember" or just "Remember" on the back with "9-11" as the number. I know Triple Threat Sports in Illinois does custom jobs like this for an added charge. Here's a picture of one of their custom Rangers jerseys...

94946981-S.jpg

The front "crest" is obviously the big problem here. If anyone finds a place that is willing to do it, be sure to post about it. Also, anyone seen those ribbon patches for the shoulders online?

Thanks!

Great ideas guys! As a native NYer, this jersey would be really special for me. I definitely plan on doing it but don't have the funds at this moment to get it done.

I plan on putting "Always Remember" or just "Remember" on the back with "9-11" as the number. I know Triple Threat Sports in Illinois does custom jobs like this for an added charge. Here's a picture of one of their custom Rangers jerseys...

94946981-S.jpg

The front "crest" is obviously the big problem here. If anyone finds a place that is willing to do it, be sure to post about it. Also, anyone seen those ribbon patches for the shoulders online?

Thanks!

If you have a relica you won't be able to remove the front letters because their glued on. I guess, you have to find an authentic or an uncrested one.

• 2 weeks later...
Also, anyone seen those ribbon patches for the shoulders online?

Thanks!

I'd write to Ron Klimenko at igofivehole@gmail.com

He's from the forums at gameworn.net and he's got an extensive list of patches for sale.

To be honest, if you can find something on ebay, it's likely to be less expensive, but with Ron, you are going to get things I have never, ever seen on ebay and I have bought from him enough times now to recommend him.

• 1 month later...

Just in case anyone is still interested in this project... or has a ton of money to throw around. Although I thought the dark jerseys were all Koho's that year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lefebvre-Rangers-New-Y...1QQcmdZViewItem

They were KOHOs. I don't understand that either. I don't know...the 'New York' looks off-center and the lettering on the back looks odd too.

It says the Meigray documentation is included. I'd ask him for a pic, but I'm waiting for him to auction off the Messier jersey with a BIN price of about $150.00. :P