Old Uniforms

Dasle

Okay, so I found an authentic size 48 uniform I am looking at buying in the old style (last year). The problem is, I don't know what fit's me. :)

I like a small in the Premier Replicas. If it helps, I'm about 5'11'' and 110 lbs. :) I'm assuming it'll probably be a little big on me, but isn't that what you want with the older jerseys anyway???

Edit: Just found a good size chart. The 46 and 48 have the same sleeve length with the chest about 2" bigger in the 48. Think that'll be much of a difference?

Okay, so I found an authentic size 48 uniform I am looking at buying in the old style (last year). The problem is, I don't know what fit's me. :)

I like a small in the Premier Replicas. If it helps, I'm about 5'11'' and 110 lbs. :) I'm assuming it'll probably be a little big on me, but isn't that what you want with the older jerseys anyway???

Edit: Just found a good size chart. The 46 and 48 have the same sleeve length with the chest about 2" bigger in the 48. Think that'll be much of a difference?

IMO, you will float in the 46 but that is the smallest they have.

I'm 5'10'' about 190 lbs and the 46 fits nice around the chest shoulders but huge on the arms. Sleeve length is perfect for me.

A hockey jersey is not a shirt. If you want something that fits you like a shirt, buy a polo, t-shirt, hoodie, sweatshirt, or a collared shirt with a logo. Hockey jerseys are cut big for a reason. They are not for everybody. And don't ever tuck a jersey in. There is only one person on the face of the earth that can do it, and his number hangs in every NHL arena.

And don't ever tuck a jersey in. There is only one person on the face of the earth that can do it, and his number hangs in every NHL arena.

Tell that to Jagr. He's been tucking his jersey into his pants all year long! It looks ridiculous.

And don't ever tuck a jersey in. There is only one person on the face of the earth that can do it, and his number hangs in every NHL arena.

Tell that to Jagr. He's been tucking his jersey into his pants all year long! It looks ridiculous.

I think that's just because he's too fat to fit the edge jerseys. He never did that before. I think he's traded his talent for lovehandles this season.

Rather than start a new thread, I'll just post this here for those of you interested.

The NHL has some of the old authentic jerseys for only $100 right now. Add in the Promotion they are running for Valentines day, you can pick up an authentic jersey for about $88 after shipping. Just spend the $3 for 3 of these to get the full 20% off. Then all you have to do is ship it off to Ice Jerseys for customization :)

The only catch is they only have select sizes in stock.

Any link for that chart? :thumbsup:

Also any difference between Nike's and RBK/CCM's (replica's) in general?

edit: never mind as well :D . Should've remembered the icejerseys size chart!

NHL link pretty interesting as well although indeed very few sizes to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a big difference between a 48 and a 52 for the old CCM jerseys? I've got a 52 Edge, but I reckon a that it's smaller than a 52 CCM isn't it (just guessing based on the size charts I've seen), and the Edge is a good fit for me on the chest, but length wise it's pretty much at the limit for me (5'11"/175lb-ish), without it beginning to look like a dress ;) Dunno if that's just because of the shirt-tail style they've gone for?

I'm looking to get a CCM Classic Pro Winnipeg Jets 1996 jersey (like this one), but they only sell the 52 there. Seem to remember IJ's used to sell them, but not anymore.

Any tips?

Oh how I agree with this statement. I walked by someone at one of the Phoenix malls last week wearing a tucked in Chicago Blackhawks jersey. I cringed as I walked by this individual. It looked terrible.

That just drives me nuts. I couldn't believe how many guys did that when the Wild first brought the NHL back to the Twin Cities. I kept thinking "Did we forget that much about hockey here?"

Funny, so many of the guys who seem to do that look like 1970's Burt Reynolds.

Here are the measurements from Ice Jersey's Size Chart. It can be found by opening any jersey on the site and clicking the link :)

SIZE* | SLEEVE LENGTH | JERSEY LENGTH | CHEST SIZE

48 | 30" | 32" | 48-50"

52 | 33" | 33" | 52-54"

Thanks Dasle, reckon I need to find the 48, if it exists.

I have a CCM size 52 (circa 1992) and the fighting strap puts my backside in the next zip code. OK, it's not THAT bad, but it fits me too big around the waist. I'm 6'0", 210, CCM 48's fit me perfectly, but it's a hockey jersey and it's acceptable if it fits big, Derby.

I have a CCM size 52 (circa 1992) and the fighting strap puts my backside in the next zip code. OK, it's not THAT bad, but it fits me too big around the waist. I'm 6'0", 210, CCM 48's fit me perfectly, but it's a hockey jersey and it's acceptable if it fits big, Derby.

:lol: thanks Desert, reckon I'll hold out for a smaller one for now.