Hockey Monkey ruined my DUCKS jersey!!!!!

ic0dex

Wow, that's bad. They'll probably tell you it's exactly like you wanted. Get them to pay you back and the cost of getting it done right at another place.

Interested in how this turns out. Keep us posted ic0dex.

Having jerseys customized is such a pain.

It's the worst part of this hobby, when people with the skills to do the customizing don't have an eye for the most basic details. If you sent them photos of a game worn jersey, you can't be any clearer than that.

It's hyper picky to be upset about the wrong kind of ultrafil material, and you do have to approach this with some reasonable expectations, but when they choose to put the wrong font on your jersey after you've provided pictures, there's no excuse.

Sigh, that really blows man, something I'm sure we've all gone through. I've had a few of my favorite jerseys stripped, re-stripped and stripped again until I got it right. My only recommendation to you in the future is to order a kit and have someone you trust put it on, this way if it's bad, no damage to the jersey. I went through 4 places trying to get accurate Flyers nameplates before finding the right now, and it saved me a ton of trouble to order them by themselves.

Good luck man, they did a horrid job and need to make it up to you.

Sigh, that really blows man, something I'm sure we've all gone through. I've had a few of my favorite jerseys stripped, re-stripped and stripped again until I got it right. My only recommendation to you in the future is to order a kit and have someone you trust put it on, this way if it's bad, no damage to the jersey. I went through 4 places trying to get accurate Flyers nameplates before finding the right now, and it saved me a ton of trouble to order them by themselves.

This is a lesson learned for me, from now on I'm only going to order kits and make sure they are correct and then have them put on. I was almost going to send in my eggplant Ducks jersey to them also.

It's the worst part of this hobby, when people with the skills to do the customizing don't have an eye for the most basic details. If you sent them photos of a game worn jersey, you can't be any clearer than that.

It's hyper picky to be upset about the wrong kind of ultrafil material, and you do have to approach this with some reasonable expectations, but when they choose to put the wrong font on your jersey after you've provided pictures, there's no excuse.

If it was only the nameplate I would have been okay with that but they did not even come close to what I asked for. I gave them 8 examples, email and printed pictures and a spec sheet. For a company that customizes NHL jerseys they should have never made this mistake.

Wow, that even looks burgundy, not purple.

I can imagine Josh being an a-hole and telling you that you should have went through him in the first place instead of being cheap.

Side note, who do you order your kits from? I had to strip a jersey 5 times to get it right. Had almost 500 big ones in it. I decided I had a problem and gave up on reproducing on ice, so now I just buy gamers

I had to strip a jersey 5 times to get it right. Had almost 500 big ones in it. I decided I had a problem and gave up on reproducing on ice, so now I just buy gamers

Amen Brother!

Side note, who do you order your kits from? I had to strip a jersey 5 times to get it right. Had almost 500 big ones in it. I decided I had a problem and gave up on reproducing on ice, so now I just buy gamers

Where screw-ups are cherished because it was the team that messed it up, not some yahoo.

EPS, Philly Express for new Flyers jerseys, Ruberti's for older ones. I've stripped my Selanne alternate once or twice, and burnt a replica seeing if another place could do the kit right. Now I refuse to send my jersey to ANYONE but Mike, and only after I have the kit in hand and inspect it.

EPS, Philly Express for new Flyers jerseys, Ruberti's for older ones. I've stripped my Selanne alternate once or twice, and burnt a replica seeing if another place could do the kit right. Now I refuse to send my jersey to ANYONE but Mike, and only after I have the kit in hand and inspect it.

Yup that is what I'm going to start doing. I just emailed gamedaysportsarchives and ordered the Ducks kit and I also have a blank early 90's Washington Capitals jersey that I wanted to customize with HUNTER on it. So I also ordered that kit from him, hopefully he has the nameplate material. I also found a local company called Event Apparel and they are located in Sun VAlley CA. They do great kits but you have to give them an accurate spec sheet. They did my replica CCM 550 McSorley that i used as a ginny pig and it came out great, the only thing is I had to pay $100 for the kit.

much1.jpg

So I got a call from one of their supervisors and this b**** was so stupid. I email them pictures of what they sent me and what I wanted my jersey to look like today. She kept on insisting that what they made for me was exactly what I asked for and what was shown to them in the pictures. I kept telling her that I'm not satisfied with their service and what they did was unexceptable, she kept acting like nothing was wrong. I'm just going to call my credit card and file a claim I hope they can help. I'm going to strip the jersey and send the stupid kit back with a nasty letter.

That really blows. If people who are in this business for a living can't see what's wrong, then maybe they shouldn't even be in this business.

That really blows. If people who are in this business for a living can't see what's wrong, then maybe they shouldn't even be in this business.

I told her that I do not blame her or the person that helped me I blame the people that customized my jersey. I asked here if it was the same people that customize Ducks jersey for the current players and she said yes. It's sad that these people did not take a minute to look and see what the jersey should look like, they did not even try. It's okay I just ordered the correct kit and once it gets here I'm going to drive to their shop and shove it in their face. It sucks how as a customer I'm upset with what I got and she kept trying to convice me that is what the jersey should look like. (Shaking my head in disbelief) I wanted to say the nastiest word and the black book but I'm an adult and I will handle this like one.

Wow that's really messed up :( It's sad that people have to goto team customizers to get things correct but for the older teams/fonts it's almost like Russian roulette if you are going to get something accurate or not. MLL in Ontario actually did my Perry rookie and did a mint job on it

Good to hear about MLL. I am about to send MLL some NHL All Star jerseys to have customized. I will be including photos and instructions.

Wow, that's bad. They'll probably tell you it's exactly like you wanted. Get them to pay you back and the cost of getting it done right at another place.

So I got a call from one of their supervisors and this b**** was so stupid. I email them pictures of what they sent me and what I wanted my jersey to look like today. She kept on insisting that what they made for me was exactly what I asked for and what was shown to them in the pictures. I kept telling her that I'm not satisfied with their service and what they did was unexceptable, she kept acting like nothing was wrong. I'm just going to call my credit card and file a claim I hope they can help. I'm going to strip the jersey and send the stupid kit back with a nasty letter.

Didn't I say they'll tell you that it's exactly what you wanted. That's so BS, I hope you do go over there and tell them off.

Didn't I say they'll tell you that it's exactly what you wanted. That's so BS, I hope you do go over there and tell them off.

I ordered the kit already and as soon as I get it I'm driving straight to their shop. I'm not going to let them treat me like a crazy person or some sort of a fool.

I ordered the kit already and as soon as I get it I'm driving sight to their shop. I'm not going to let them treat me like a crazy person or some sort of a fool.

Good move. That is a totally unacceptable response from them.