Getting an Authentic Sakic Nordiques Jersey

J H

I'm looking high and low for an authentic CCM Sakic Nordiques Jersey Medium. The problem is, all the ones I see have the entire name on one patch sewn on. A few years ago, I found a Nordiques Sakic jersey with SAKIC in individually sewn letters. What gives?

I'm pretty sure that the Nords always wore nameplates on the back. The only two teams I know of that have never used the nameplate are the Rangers and the Red Wings. Here's an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quebec-Nordiques-Jerse...1QQcmdZViewItem

I am almost positive that the jersey I saw had the letters as individually sewn on pieces for his name. Are nameplates possible then? I don't recall any recent NHL jersey having nameplates. In fact the last I can clearly recall in pro sports is in the NFL.

Nameplates have been around for a looooooong time. For just about as long as names have been on the back of jerseys. In fact, this year is the first year in a while that EVERY team is using them.

Nameplates have been around for a looooooong time. For just about as long as names have been on the back of jerseys. In fact, this year is the first year in a while that EVERY team is using them.

Oh really? I hadn't paid really close attention, but it seemed like this year the RBK jerseys all did NOT use nametags actually. Well I guess in that case, the Sakic name tag jersey is authentic-ish?

Well, the Sakic jersey that has the nameplate IS authentic. If the letters are stitched right to the jersey, it's either a fake jersey or a bad custom job.