North Stars question

Brilliant!

I'm sitting here perusing eBay and just kinda staring at stuff but I happened to hit upon a Minnesota North Stars jersey(same one as stated in that earlier thread) and I just took a look at the old black North Stars jersey and noticed that it's just about exactly the same as the Dallas road jersey from the next year.

llasStarscirca1994CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

The only difference is the Texas shoulder patches.

Now, I know what you're thinking. 'No kidding! Everybody knows that!' Just hear me out. My question here is about that color green on the Dallas jersey. Is it exactly the same as the Minnesota green? Being colorblind, I really can't tell. It looks like it is but I just cannot tell. If it is, I might...MIGHT consider turning it into a Minnesota jersey.

I'm sitting here perusing eBay and just kinda staring at stuff but I happened to hit upon a Minnesota North Stars jersey(same one as stated in that earlier thread) and I just took a look at the old black North Stars jersey and noticed that it's just about exactly the same as the Dallas road jersey from the next year.

llasStarscirca1994CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

The only difference is the Texas shoulder patches.

Now, I know what you're thinking. 'No kidding! Everybody knows that!' Just hear me out. My question here is about that color green on the Dallas jersey. Is it exactly the same as the Minnesota green? Being colorblind, I really can't tell. It looks like it is but I just cannot tell. If it is, I might...MIGHT consider turning it into a Minnesota jersey.

Minnesota and Dallas used the same green which is called "kelly" green. It was also used for Whalers lettering since the jerseys had green elements too.

Hmmm...you think I could pull it off? It wouldn't be hard to remove the stitching on the shoulder patches but how bad would the remaining outline be?

Hmmm...you think I could pull it off? It wouldn't be hard to remove the stitching on the shoulder patches but how bad would the remaining outline be?

I think there will be outlines visible since the patches were applied by CCM. I could imagine they heat up patches so hot to make them stay attached to the jersey material. Otherwise the patches would start to wrinkle. I also think that the North Stars wore Ultrafil jerseys.

Did they? I could've sworn I've seen pictures of the 1993 North Stars jerseys being air-knits. Also, that eBay auction of the authentic jersey is definitely air-knit. That being said, I don't think I'm gonna do it. I don't want take the chance of ruining a nice jersey.

Did they? I could've sworn I've seen pictures of the 1993 North Stars jerseys being air-knits. Also, that eBay auction of the authentic jersey is definitely air-knit. That being said, I don't think I'm gonna do it. I don't want take the chance of ruining a nice jersey.

Can you post the link to the jersey?

That, by the way, is a first year Dallas 1993-94 jersey since it lacks the word "DALLAS" as part of the main crest, which was added the following year, along with some alterations to the striping to make them thicker and more widely spaced along the waist and arms of the black jersey.

2339311340100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Yeah that's what I thought. So essentially the two jerseys were exactly the same except for the Texas patch. That's weird. I've never heard of that in any other case of relocation.