Newbie w/ a Kings Ultrafil jersey question

Hazzard

Ive got an authentic LA Kings Tony Granato jersey, and its an ultrafil. Does anyone know what years the ultrafil jerseys were worn in the NHL? Im trying to pinpoint the season that Granato may have worn the jersey. Im considering selling it soon, so I wanted to get all the info I could in case I do put it up. Ill attach a pic if that will help any.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

2007_1227ebay0007.jpg

Ive got an authentic LA Kings Tony Granato jersey, and its an ultrafil. Does anyone know what years the ultrafil jerseys were worn in the NHL? Im trying to pinpoint the season that Granato may have worn the jersey. Im considering selling it soon, so I wanted to get all the info I could in case I do put it up. Ill attach a pic if that will help any.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

2007_1227ebay0007.jpg

According to the lettering colors on the sleeves and the stitching in the hem, this was made to be a 1990-1991 jersey

You know what...you could put a 75th anniversary patch on that jersey and it'll be almost exact since they had the ultrafil jerseys and the silver numbers then also. That'd really up the resale value of the jersey if you plan on selling it...especially since Granato scored his career high 39 goals that year.

You know what...you could put a 75th anniversary patch on that jersey and it'll be almost exact since they had the ultrafil jerseys and the silver numbers then also. That'd really up the resale value of the jersey if you plan on selling it...especially since Granato scored his career high 39 goals that year.

I wouldn't put any patch on it, unless the Kings wore any kind of patch in 90-91 or this jersey is going to re-customised.

Thats a good idea, Ill look into it and see if the Kings wore a patch that season. Im having trouble finding old pics though. Where do you guys find your references for when what patches were worn and the color of the numbers, etc?

I wouldn't put any patch on it, unless the Kings wore any kind of patch in 90-91 or this jersey is going to re-customised.

Well, the only reason I mentioned it was because he had said that he might be looking to resell it and the average person would have no idea that this WASN'T a 1991-92 jersey. Also, a Kings 25th anny would go with it too. Those two patches(if you could find them and IF you do want to resell it) would probably double the value of the jersey. The Kings didn't wear anything extra in 1990-91...but they DID win their first division title ever that year.

Some good sites for jersey and patch info are:

http://www.nhluniforms.com/

and

http://nhlpatches.info/index.htm

Both sites are great.

The Kings wore three color names and numbers in 91-92 with the NHL 75th and Kings 25th patches. Since that was the only year of that combination, I'd pass on that particular patch since the sleeve numbers are two color, I'm reasonably sure the back numbers are also two color as well.

After that year they wore three color numbers with one color names.

Assuming since this has two color sleeve numbers it also has two color back numbers (and probably a two color name), it really doesn't match any patches worn by the Kings with this style. JustAnothaVictim is right, with the NHL shield on the back, this would be a 90-91 for sure.

That being said, yes, the average ebay rube would have no idea about what patch was worn with what particular number and lettering combination, so you could also put a Stanley Cup Centennial patch or a 1993 Stanley Cup Finals patch on it as well.

Thanks for the links and the welcoming words. Im just starting to get into the collecting of jerseys and you guys have already been a wealth of information.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the thread I was looking for. I have an early 90's Kings Jersey that I want to pin point what year it is from exactly. Jersey is uncustomized which is why I want to know. Looks like the jersey above but the stitching in the hem is black I believe ( i dont have the jersey with me). Please tell me it's from the 92-93 or at least the 91-92.

I don't think so. Black CCM logo on a black hem? If it's the same jersey with the same stitching in the hem, then it's from 1990 to 1996

Just sent you a message

This is the thread I was looking for. I have an early 90's Kings Jersey that I want to pin point what year it is from exactly. Jersey is uncustomized which is why I want to know. Looks like the jersey above but the stitching in the hem is black I believe ( i dont have the jersey with me). Please tell me it's from the 92-93 or at least the 91-92.

What you need to do is become familiar with this site.

http://nhluniforms.com/

It's got pictures of every jersey from every year with great attention to detail like rear hem tagging. Bookmark that one for certain.

It's got pictures of every jersey from every year with great attention to detail like rear hem tagging. Bookmark that one for certain.

i'm always on that site....90-96 look exactly the same...now JustAnothaVictim pointed out the difference in the lettering which helped alot. Now do i go with the 75th Ann patch + 25th Ann or 100th Ann or Stanley Cup.

i'm always on that site....90-96 look exactly the same...now JustAnothaVictim pointed out the difference in the lettering which helped alot. Now do i go with the 75th Ann patch + 25th Ann or 100th Ann or Stanley Cup.

Don't forget the 1993 Stanley Cup Finals.

2462619760100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2686748330100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2455527050100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Don't forget the 1993 Stanley Cup Finals.

2462619760100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2686748330100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2455527050100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

I'm not sure what to do but i'm leaning towards the 91-92 with 25th anniversary patch and 75th anniversary patch.

I'm not sure what to do but i'm leaning towards the 91-92 with 25th anniversary patch and 75th anniversary patch.

It is a great choice but those 25th anny patches are tough to find. I saw one on a size 44 CCM authentic about a week ago but I'm sure it's long since sold.

It is a great choice but those 25th anny patches are tough to find. I saw one on a size 44 CCM authentic about a week ago but I'm sure it's long since sold.

The only place to find them "on demand" is River City Sports.

http://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=2665

This is a last resort though, as you are forced to pay their stupidly insane shipping charges of $12 for a patch, so you had better really, really want it.

The only place to find them "on demand" is River City Sports.

http://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=2665

This is a last resort though, as you are forced to pay their stupidly insane shipping charges of $12 for a patch, so you had better really, really want it.

first place i looked...i might order a 75th anniversary patch from there also and another if the price is about the same I would pay on ebay. Then that would make the shipping a little more reasonable unless they start charging more per patch which is ridiculous.

first place i looked...i might order a 75th anniversary patch from there also and another if the price is about the same I would pay on ebay. Then that would make the shipping a little more reasonable unless they start charging more per patch which is ridiculous.

crazy crazy

well it was $12 shipping but at least i got 2 patches which were both in stock. The Kings 25th was the only place i found and they had in stock. 75th was reasonably priced but i also needed a 2001 Stanley Cup patch but at $25 i find it's a ripoff.

• 5 weeks later...

another site worth a shot is: dropthepucks.com

you might get lucky looking for a year a particular jersey was from. They have great game worn jerseys with huge photos to see in great detail. and sometimes even the history of the jersey.