Screen printed pens jersey

snake_of_fire

I found that on ebay

http://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/Authentic-PRO-1980...1QQcmdZViewItem

I think it's a good deal. the auction is still young but the price for now low ennough...I think.

But the logo is printed, it's a maska and it says it's an authentic (the fighting strap is there).

I'm kinda confused. Did the pens ever used jerseys with screen printed logos?

I'm sure someone else knows exactly whats going on with that jersey, as i believe it was discussed somewhat recently. I know the pens used screen printed names and numbers in the mid 80s, but I cant say if the crest was or not. Also the sixes on the sleeve look to elongated, they were stockier than their counterparts on the back.

I never knew it either until somebody here(Victim I think) informed me(us) that yes the Penguins jerseys DID used to be all screened on. Actually, I think a lot of the teams did it back then. I know the Nords of the 80's were another one that did that.

I never knew it either until somebody here(Victim I think) informed me(us) that yes the Penguins jerseys DID used to be all screened on. Actually, I think a lot of the teams did it back then. I know the Nords of the 80's were another one that did that.

I knew that a few teams did that in the 80' but not all because I have 2 habs jerseys that date from circa 1980 and they are not screen printed.

But I think that I won't touch that jersey. Because I know that the pens switched from screen printed numbers to stiched during the 1988-89 season. But when they did that i'm sure that they updated their crest too. So a printed crest with stitched numbers.....it sounds kinda weird to me.

Plus the manufacturer's patch on the bottom of the jersey was never used by the pens if I look on NHLuniforms.com.

Since dropthepucks.com removed all the jersey pictures from their site it's hard to get the jersey line-up of the 80's together. I don't know if they really used airknit that time but they did use Ultrafil and Mesh jerseys with screened on crest and lettering.

If that jersey wasn't ruined by that lettering kit I´d definately go for it. Shouldn't be a problem for me fixing that but I dont know what will be underneath the sleeve numbers since they actually belong onto the shoulders.

Since dropthepucks.com removed all the jersey pictures from their site it's hard to get the jersey line-up of the 80's together. I don't know if they really used airknit that time but they did use Ultrafil and Mesh jerseys with screened on crest and lettering.

If that jersey wasn't ruined by that lettering kit I´d definately go for it. Shouldn't be a problem for me fixing that but I dont know what will be underneath the sleeve numbers since they actually belong onto the shoulders.

They were on the shoulder during some time but they placed it on the arms at the same time they changed for stiched numbers. I think the guy bough a jersey during the time the crest was printed and added the numbers afterward. Does it lower the value?

They were on the shoulder during some time but they placed it on the arms at the same time they changed for stiched numbers. I think the guy bough a jersey during the time the crest was printed and added the numbers afterward. Does it lower the value?

It would lower the value to me though. You see, the home jerseys with the numbers on the shoulder had a yellow collar just like the one you linked us to. Later they made the home jerseys with a black collar and put the shoulder numbers on the yellow part of the sleeves. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's my 84-85 game worn Pens jersey with everything screened on, including the crest.

The crest is flat and rubbery, and the names and numbers are glossy. Note the location of the shoulder numbers, which were later moved down into the yellow area.

2216469800100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2028785150100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

It's really hard to believe that a jersey like that is an actual game-worn jersey. It just looks so crappy. I've checked out some of the older Nords jerseys that MeiGray has and many of them have both the name/numbers and fleur-du-lis almost completely rubbed off. It's a good thing somebody realized that there were better methods out there.