Favorite Manufacturers?

Scuderia

I didn't notice this as a topic that was already done and I have been curious the last few days... With all the jersey buff's here, whom is your favorite manufacturer that you've run across so far? I don't get much into authentics for budgetary reasons but my favorite replicas were the Starter brand from the mid 90's. I loved the weight of them, and i'm hoping to collect some of those types if i can. So what are your guys' favs?

My favorites are the CCM and Starter Authentic Mesh jerseys coz that´s what a real hockey jersey should be made of :thumbsup:

I was never a fan of any of the CCM's that I have come across. unless i'm missing something...

I was never a fan of any of the CCM's that I have come across. unless i'm missing something...

The ones that he's talking about haven't been made in about 11 years. They're totally different than the air-knit ones of the 2000's. These had a softer, airier feel to them. Those CCM mesh jerseys of the mid 90's are by far my favorite. Then the Starter mesh ones are a close second.

The ones that he's talking about haven't been made in about 11 years. They're totally different than the air-knit ones of the 2000's. These had a softer, airier feel to them. Those CCM mesh jerseys of the mid 90's are by far my favorite. Then the Starter mesh ones are a close second.

Same here!!!

The CCM Mesh was made of a thick material. Starters are thinner and shinier.

Authentics:

1) Pro Player

2) Starter

3) Nike (IIHF 98-05, NHL 97-99 including Bauer Nashville 98-99)

Replicas:

1) Starter

2) Pro Player

3) CCM/Koho Korean-made

Sorry but it seems the best quality replicas are made overseas, probably due to cheaper labor. Crests sewn on, different fabrics, etc.

Dishonorable mention to Bauer/SP IHL and AHL. Authentics are made of the worst type of polyester known to man. I feel as though I am in danger of combustion if I get near a spark when wearing one, especially their 2001-02 output. Their replicas in the 95-96 era often featured fully screened shoulders. To those who hate the new replicas, these are much worse. The irony is that the same company, SP, made Nike and Bauer products, in Quebec.

Good picks there, and about the CCM's apparently i should seek out one of the old-school CCM's. I have a Rangers white jersey from ccm circa 2004 and it feels miserable i hate it. I really enjoyed the Nikes of the late 90's as well.

1. ProPlayer authentic and replica, I never saw a bad one.

2. CCM/Koho 550 (airknit), not the pre-1997 snag-magnet polyester lightweight jerseys.

3?. I'd give props to Starter, but they had way too many documented flaws and inconsistencies.

I had never felt a ProPlayer authentic until I bought one on eBay last month. It's a very different feel but in a good way. It doesn't have that sandpapery feel that the 6100's have but it's not as soft as the Starter ones. It almost reminds me of a Nike authentic but only with a different stitching pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

This may be something i'd have to just look for on auctions and the like, but are a lot of the Starter's available around? And i did enjoy the Nike. Downside was they made some real weird patters. Like the ducks one with the shoulder stripes down the arms.

This may be something i'd have to just look for on auctions and the like, but are a lot of the Starter's available around?

Yeah they're around. Not as often now obviously but they're around every now and then. Just keep your eyes open.