Ref Jerseys

TBLightningFan

So here's a weird one for you guys...I was thinking it would be funny to dress in a ref uniform for a game and see the reaction...I found a site that sells what they call "authentic" official unis, even the orange armband, here they are:

www.discounthockey.com

Has anyone dealt with them? Does anyone know if those are what our zebras wear? Coincidentally, their prices seem a lil low on this season's replicas, but they advertise them with a lot of the fabric additives only an authentic has, so I'm a little leery. Anyone? Am I wasting my time?? :thumbsup:

So here's a weird one for you guys...I was thinking it would be funny to dress in a ref uniform for a game and see the reaction...I found a site that sells what they call "authentic" official unis, even the orange armband, here they are:

www.discounthockey.com

Has anyone dealt with them? Does anyone know if those are what our zebras wear? Coincidentally, their prices seem a lil low on this season's replicas, but they advertise them with a lot of the fabric additives only an authentic has, so I'm a little leery. Anyone? Am I wasting my time?? :thumbsup:

A ref?? I like myself way too much to do that. :D

Refs are disliked so much that I doubt anyone will notice if you have an authentic referee jersey.

A ref?? I like myself way too much to do that. :D

Refs are disliked so much that I doubt anyone will notice if you have an authentic referee jersey.

I don't doubt that, but I would. I just thought it might be a fun thing to do once in a while. It gets old wearing Bolts jerseys to every home game.

And speaking of the Bolts, if anyone shouldn't be a fan of the refs, you'd think it would be me. Some of the calls and non-calls I witness at home are amazing. If you ever want a laugh, watch a Lightning game. They're especially fond of calling us for tripping when someone trips us.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'll get the ref jersey and then some big black glasses and a red tipped cane like a blind man! I'd certainly be popular!

I don't doubt that, but I would. I just thought it might be a fun thing to do once in a while. It gets old wearing Bolts jerseys to every home game.

And speaking of the Bolts, if anyone shouldn't be a fan of the refs, you'd think it would be me. Some of the calls and non-calls I witness at home are amazing. If you ever want a laugh, watch a Lightning game. They're especially fond of calling us for tripping when someone trips us.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'll get the ref jersey and then some big black glasses and a red tipped cane like a blind man! I'd certainly be popular!

Yes, do it! Gold right there!

There is a guy here in Portland who wears a ref jersey every now and again, but I'm pretty sure this developed from the bag of signs he brings with him. He has seats on the glass close to the home bench, and has a fold out eye chart (probably about 5 feet long) that he holds up after bad calls and puts right up on the glass during breaks in the game. My opinion is that if you are going to do it, go all out with the glasses and cane, etc, otherwise it might be a bit odd.

We have a guy here at the Gwinnett Gladiators games that is a STH and does that every game...just without the cane. He wears the ref shirt under a jersey...just in case we have a decent ref that night. Once the ref starts to suck...he takes his jersey off and puts on his black glasses.

I like it...and I was thinking about nixing the cane idea, might not let me bring it into the arena, unless I can really pass for blind, but then, how would I see the game?

:huh: