Should I remove the patch?

Carl

I bought myself a new habs jersey (replica rbk). The replicas have this annoying patch on the front of the jersey with the size of the jersey on it. Can I remove? Should I? Will the jersey lose all its value?

Also, I was thinking of putting "RICHARD" #9 on it with a "C". What do you guys think?

I'm new here, my name is Carl, I live in Montréal and my first language is French, you'll have to excuse my mistakes! Many of my questions have been answered just by reading what you guys wrote in old topics. I'm so glad to see that I'm not only hockey jersey freak.

Cheers!

I bought myself a new habs jersey (replica rbk). The replicas have this annoying patch on the front of the jersey with the size of the jersey on it. Can I remove? Should I? Will the jersey lose all its value?

Also, I was thinking of putting "RICHARD" #9 on it with a "C". What do you guys think?

I'm new here, my name is Carl, I live in Montréal and my first language is French, you'll have to excuse my mistakes! Many of my questions have been answered just by reading what you guys wrote in old topics. I'm so glad to see that I'm not only hockey jersey freak.

Cheers!

U worded that perfectly.

Do not take it off. No sense in trying to make a replica look like an authentic.

I hate that patch, it affects the integrity of the jersey. Visual pollution IMO. It's not because I want to make it look like an authentic...

I don't know! No other player really inspires me right now. Richard wore a ccm jersey when he got honored in the old forum. Why not rbk? But I certainly get your point.

Cheers!

I think you should take that annoying Reebok jersey back to the store and get yourself a nice CCM Vintage 1955 Canadiens jersey that you can put #9 on.

Seriously, don't go mixing the modern jersey styles with old time players. Make some effort to be accurate, and this is coming from one of the least picky people on this board about accuracy. I do have my limits.

I hate that patch, it affects the integrity of the jersey. Visual pollution IMO. It's not because I want to make it look like an authentic...

If you do remove the patch, all I can say is PATIENCE! I've removed the nameplates off of old Rbk NFL replicas and it can be a time consuming process. You don't want to make any holes in it, especially with the amount of money those cost. I have used a seam ripper in the past. I don't believe these have glue behind them, but hopefully someone on here will be able to tell you for sure.

Oh yeah, and Welcome to the boards!

If you do remove the patch, all I can say is PATIENCE! I've removed the nameplates off of old Rbk NFL replicas and it can be a time consuming process. You don't want to make any holes in it, especially with the amount of money those cost. I have used a seam ripper in the past. I don't believe these have glue behind them, but hopefully someone on here will be able to tell you for sure.

Oh yeah, and Welcome to the boards!

Thanks alot for the warm welcome! I appreciate!

No problem. Good luck and if you decide to take off the size tag, could you let us know how it worked out?

Sure thing! I'm not sure if I will though!

The split sides in on those are enough to destroy the sanctity of them. However, I saw them in person at Just Sports near Glendale Arena and just had to have an Islanders one. I knock the replicas for the split sides, size tags and shoulder patches, but I did purchase two replicas from IJ recently that are getting numbered. I guess I don't dislike the replicas THAT much. B)

The split sides in on those are enough to destroy the sanctity of them. However, I saw them in person at Just Sports near Glendale Arena and just had to have an Islanders one. I knock the replicas for the split sides, size tags and shoulder patches, but I did purchase two replicas from IJ recently that are getting numbered. I guess I don't dislike the replicas THAT much. B)

That Islanders one looks great in person. You were probably eyeing the same one I was!

Hello, joined up in part to answer this question:

The patch is a really awful attempt by the NHL to look more like the NFL, IMO, and it looks bad on the hockey jersey. My sister got a customized replica and I removed it for her with one of those cuticle removers. Jersey looks much better with the patch removed. So if you're going to keep the jersey, go for it.

Hello, joined up in part to answer this question:

The patch is a really awful attempt by the NHL to look more like the NFL, IMO, and it looks bad on the hockey jersey. My sister got a customized replica and I removed it for her with one of those cuticle removers. Jersey looks much better with the patch removed. So if you're going to keep the jersey, go for it.

Welcome aboard! You'll like it here. Thanks for letting us know how the patch removal turned out. Was it easy to do? I figured a seam ripper would also work nice too.

I have just one thing to add at this point, TAKE THAT PATCH OFF.

It's just sewn on and doesn't belong there. Get rid of it.

Jeff out.

I have just one thing to add at this point, TAKE THAT PATCH OFF.

It's just sewn on and doesn't belong there. Get rid of it.

Jeff out.

It's off, it's off. Looks much better and my jersey is not damaged at all as it took me a while to take it off!

Now I'm really not sure with which player I should customize it.

That's not a bad idea!