Rangers vintage jersey question

ZoomZoom18

A question about Rangers jerseys. This particular one is listed as a vintage from 94, but last I remember, they had blue stripes in the white, red, white striping. I know this is Ebay and is probably a knock off, but I've seen this style listed as a 94 vintage on other sites (at one point in time, shop.nhl.com). Anyone know what era this is from? They started using tie down necks on the blue in 97-98 last I can recall.

jerseyfull-anderson-nyr.jpg

I'm asking because a 94 Rangers vintage jersey may be one of my Christmas presents in the coming days.

I think they started using that style of striping on the blue jerseys in 1997-98. That was also the first year the ties were added to the neck:

ngerscirca1997Starterauthentic-vi.jpg

When they won the Cup, the blue jersey still had the white-blue-red-blue-white-blue pattern at the base of the jersey:

rkRangerscirca1994CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I have a Rangers jersey from the 1996-97 season and the striping is still the old style but I also have one from the next year and the striping is the way it is currently.

A question about Rangers jerseys. This particular one is listed as a vintage from 94, but last I remember, they had blue stripes in the white, red, white striping. I know this is Ebay and is probably a knock off, but I've seen this style listed as a 94 vintage on other sites (at one point in time, shop.nhl.com). Anyone know what era this is from? They started using tie down necks on the blue in 97-98 last I can recall.

jerseyfull-anderson-nyr.jpg

I'm asking because a 94 Rangers vintage jersey may be one of my Christmas presents in the coming days.

The striping is definately wrong for the early 90's era. CCM even released an authentic version in the Vintage Line and also has the wrong striping. I wonder what got into them putting that jersey in the Vintage Line. :rolleyes:

rkRangerscirca1994CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I have a Rangers jersey from the 1996-97 season and the striping is still the old style but I also have one from the next year and the striping is the way it is currently.

96-97 was the only season that the Rangers used this desing for a Starter jersey, Gretzky first season with the Rangers, right?

That CCM Rangers is also on my wantlist.

96-97 was the only season that the Rangers used this desing for a Starter jersey, Gretzky first season with the Rangers, right?

Correctamundo. Here's said jersey:

gerscirca19972Starterauthentic-vi.jpg

They didn't have the ties on that jersey for 1996-97. That started the next year.

I like that look the Starter jerseys material gave to the jerseys. 1996-97 was the debut of the liberty jerseys wasn't it?

Here's a quick evolution of their jerseys in the late 90s and then the 93-94 jersey.

From 1997-98:

Rangers6.gif

1998-99:

Rangers7.gif

I didn't realize this season the liberty jersey was only worn in white.

1999-2000:

Rangers8.gif

Then 1993-94:

Rangers3.gif

These have always looked like they had a darker shade of blue to me than the ones they have currently. Darker blue or not, I will always think the Rangers have some of the best looking jerseys in the NHL. The 93-94 style will always be my favorite. I prefer the white-blue-red-blue-white scheme on the blues a little more, but that's what I knew them first having. :)

I like that look the Starter jerseys material gave to the jerseys. 1996-97 was the debut of the liberty jerseys wasn't it?

These have always looked like they had a darker shade of blue to me than the ones they have currently. Darker blue or not, I will always think the Rangers have some of the best looking jerseys in the NHL. The 93-94 style will always be my favorite. I prefer the white-blue-red-blue-white scheme on the blues a little more, but that's what I knew them first having. :)

If I were you, I'd get that Messier.

Yes, 96-97 was the Liberty jersey's first year

NOTE: The White Liberty Alternates were first worn with 3 color names and 3 color numbers.

Problem was they only got league approval for 2 color names, so after a few games with the 3 color names, the Rangers were required by the league to change to 2 color names on the white liberty alts.

That means getting your jersey done either way up to you and either way, it's accurate.