NFL Replicas or Replithentics

ZoomZoom18

Has anyone ever tried to take the nameplate of a traded or released player off of an NFL replica or replithentic jersey? If so, how did it turn out (that is if you were wanting to keep the jersey)? I'm debating on doing it to one of my NFL replicas that I want to keep, but don't necessarily want to keep the name on there.

• 3 months later...
Has anyone ever tried to take the nameplate of a traded or released player off of an NFL replica or replithentic jersey? If so, how did it turn out (that is if you were wanting to keep the jersey)? I'm debating on doing it to one of my NFL replicas that I want to keep, but don't necessarily want to keep the name on there.

Friend of mine did that. Bought a Moss Raiders one with the nameplate upside down so it was very cheap. Don't know how it was taken off but he had his mother do it. Can't remember if I've seen the fixed one yet but if I did then it must've looked good because I don't remember anything strange ...

Reading it again you probably meant how it will look without a name plate at all right? :blush:

Friend of mine did that. Bought a Moss Raiders one with the nameplate upside down so it was very cheap. Don't know how it was taken off but he had his mother do it. Can't remember if I've seen the fixed one yet but if I did then it must've looked good because I don't remember anything strange ...

Reading it again you probably meant how it will look without a name plate at all right? :blush:

There are some jerseys that just look better to me with a name on the back, like the Bills and the Panthers. I was curious because I found a Charlie Frye replithentic (or EQT jersey, the one with the sewn on numbers) that was on sale on nflshop.com for $25. I was actually considering getting it, removing the nameplate and just having a #9 Browns jersey to add to my NFL jersey collection. I didn't want to ruin the jersey if I took off the nameplate. I took off the nameplate of my Cardinals replica jersey and still have a lot of glue on there from the nameplate itself. Its still a work in progress as I'm trying to remove the glue, but its very time consuming and I'm not completely sure how to do it properly. The Cardinals old jersey looks really good without a nameplate.

• 2 weeks later...
There are some jerseys that just look better to me with a name on the back, like the Bills and the Panthers. I was curious because I found a Charlie Frye replithentic (or EQT jersey, the one with the sewn on numbers) that was on sale on nflshop.com for $25. I was actually considering getting it, removing the nameplate and just having a #9 Browns jersey to add to my NFL jersey collection. I didn't want to ruin the jersey if I took off the nameplate. I took off the nameplate of my Cardinals replica jersey and still have a lot of glue on there from the nameplate itself. Its still a work in progress as I'm trying to remove the glue, but its very time consuming and I'm not completely sure how to do it properly. The Cardinals old jersey looks really good without a nameplate.

According to my friend with the Raiders jersey there wasn't any glue on his. Just remembered he has an authentic so that's probably why :closedeyes: .