Removing Hard Backing From Patches

NickARom

Even though you're right, I don't think he was saying that he microwaved the patch; only that he microwaved the water to get it hot then put the patch in it. The question I have is though...is what shoulder patch did you buy that ever went on a Devils jersey? I don't think they've ever had a patch on the shoulder.

I thought the same thing, I think he meant the Devils logo patch for an all-star jersey.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only things they've worn on the shoulders were the 4 and the 3 when they retired Stevens' and Daneyko's numbers.

I thought the same thing, I think he meant the Devils logo patch for an all-star jersey.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only things they've worn on the shoulders were the 4 and the 3 when they retired Stevens' and Daneyko's numbers.

Yup ... its for a blank 99 All Star jersey that I have:

brodeur.jpg

• 11 years later...

A very hot iron is the fastest and easiest method. Program the iron to its hottest setting. Use an ironing board or another hard, flat, surface then, with the hard film side facing up, place a towel of the patch. Briskly iron the portion of the towel covering the emblem until you can feel the towel getting hot. Set aside the iron.  Remove the towel. If the plastic is hot begin peeling the plastic off of the patch.  Repeat as needed until the hard plastic portion is fully removed. Once the iron was extremely hot the rest is simple. In my situation I only used the iron twice to heat the plastic. Good Luck!!