Draft Lottery

Heh...the Flyers can't catch a break. They don't even get the #1 pick in the draft after being the worst team in the league.

Kane is smaller, but the kid is an absolute beast on the ice. I think Esposito and Cherepanov will probably go fairly high too. Sam Gagne, Dave Gagne's son, is also one of the higher-up prospects that'll probably go early on.

I bought a Hockey News magazine about the future prospects for each team and they had a guy named Voracek (sp?) rated highly.

Yeah they are throwing his name around in the top three. Another kid that could go in the top 10 is Logan Couture his dad is an NLL ref which is kind of cool.

I have this super odd feeling that Sam Gagne is going to be an Oiler. I have NO idea why.

Well they're sitting at sixth so it's possible I guess. That win they had in Calgary at the end of the year really hurt them though. If they'd lost that game, they would've qualified for the lottery over Chicago.

What's the story with Couture? What position is he and what type of player?

He is a center (shoots left) 6'0" 191. He had 78 pts in 54 games this year while playing for the Ottawa 67's of the OHL. He is a complete player, thus he really doesn't have any glaring weaknesses he could develop into a solid leader. Definitely a player you could use in all situations and is a team first kind of guy. Here is more about him form hockeysfuture.com: 2007 prospects: Logan Couture

He is a center (shoots left) 6'0" 191. He had 78 pts in 54 games this year while playing for the Ottawa 67's of the OHL. He is a complete player, thus he really doesn't have any glaring weaknesses he could develop into a solid leader. Definitely a player you could use in all situations and is a team first kind of guy. Here is more about him form hockeysfuture.com: 2007 prospects: Logan Couture

Interesting, sounds like a real character guy for the locker room.