about Game Issued jerseys

oiler99

I had a bit of an argument with some users in a Finnish forum about this subject...

Anyway, I recently purchased a blank 2005-2007 Ottawa Senators Game Issued jersey. I'm planning to customize it with Daniel Alfredsson's name and number, and with a 2007 Stanley Cup Finals patch.

So my question is, does the jersey count as an authentic SCF Alfredsson, even though it is a GI? And also, what would the customizing do to the jersey's value?

I had a bit of an argument with some users in a Finnish forum about this subject...

Anyway, I recently purchased a blank 2005-2007 Ottawa Senators Game Issued jersey. I'm planning to customize it with Daniel Alfredsson's name and number, and with a 2007 Stanley Cup Finals patch.

So my question is, does the jersey count as an authentic SCF Alfredsson, even though it is a GI? And also, what would the customizing do to the jersey's value?

The jersey you purchased is a 'team-issued' jersey. A game issued jersey is prepared for the actual player to wear but under some circumstance does not. You basically have a customized authentic jersey. Yes it is authentic but it is not game issued by any means. Nothing much to debate here, kittos.