Question on NHL Centre Ice Authentic Neck tag

modano1973

Just wanted to ask if two different NHL Center Ice Authentic neck tags were used on pro retail jerseys during the 1999-2000 NHL season?

I had purchased a 1999-2000 Dallas Stars pro jersey to have customized with Modano's name and number as well as having the 2000 patch, and 2000 Stanley Cup patch added on.

The jersey has the CCM three block logo and silver NHL shield embroidered onto right tail (thanks to Brilliant's NHL Tags and Tails guide)

The jersey also has the CCM Authentic On Ice Game Jersey neck tag. Below that is an NHL Centre Ice Authentic tag.

2111453040105373779S200x200Q85.jpg

I spotted another jersey from the same season on eBay, where the NHL Centre Ice Authentic neck tag is similar those used on authentic retail jerseys from previous seasons.

The photos were taken off eBay and are not my photos.

2589299820105373779S200x200Q85.jpg

I just want to be sure i am getting the correct pro jersey customized from the 1999-2000 season. Thanks.

I've seen that different one before too. It's definitely legit but it's also a far cry from the other design. I honestly have no idea where it came from and when exactly it was used. You don't have to question the authenticity though, that's for sure.