Jack Johnson question

mmajeski06

Im thinking of getting a Jack Johnson Cbus jersey soon, with the impending departure of Nash on the horizon. So the question what is the correct nameplate for Johnson. Ive seen him wear J. JOHNSON and just JOHNSON in some games. The Jackets team shop inthe arena has J. JOHNSON and NHL.com has JOHNSON. Which is correct?

Since he has played games with both "J. Johnson" and "Johnson" both are correct.

After that, it's all about preference, so go with the one that you like the best.

The Columbus Blue Jackets also carry D-man Aaron Johnson. I know I have seen J. Johnson on the back - I wonder if it changes depending on whether or not A. Johnson is in the lineup.

Maybe it also depends on if they are playing a team with Erik Johnson... or Nick Johnson...

Edited by Griff

The Columbus Blue Jackets also carry D-man Aaron Johnson. I know I have seen J. Johnson on the back - I wonder if it changes depending on whether or not A. Johnson is in the lineup.

Maybe it also depends on if they are playing a team with Erik Johnson... or Nick Johnson...

Think you are probably right, that he wears the J if there is another Johnson playing for the Jackets.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/shane-doan-of-the-phoenix-coyotes-skates-after-the-puck-news-photo/142390851

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/gabriel-landeskog-of-the-colorado-avalanche-and-jack-news-photo/140288202

The Blueline at Nationwide Arena was selling Edge 1.0 with the vector logo with J. Johnson on it when I was there a few weeks ago. Those historical inaccuracies would probably cause more than a few people on this board to have their heads explode.

The Blueline at Nationwide Arena was selling Edge 1.0 with the vector logo with J. Johnson on it when I was there a few weeks ago. Those historical inaccuracies would probably cause more than a few people on this board to have their heads explode.

LOL, I would be ok with it in my collection but I would never post it on this board to avoid the public shaming.

I'm shocked they don't just stick with J. Johnson all the time. I wonder if they are swapping nameplates or running two different sets of jerseys.

LOL, I would be ok with it in my collection but I would never post it on this board to avoid the public shaming.

I almost bought one just to do that and see the (over)reaction on this site.

As far as I know, the nameplate has been J. Johnson on every game but the first one or two after the trade since A. Johnson has been playing pretty much every game. I have not noticed a switch back to Johnson since. I imagine the equipment guys have enough to do that they just left it alone after switching it in the first place.

So really, either one you want should be ok.

Hopefully he will be the only Johnson on the team next year and be able to go back to just Johnson because if Aaron Johnson is still on the team god help us all. BTW I agree with everything Wooten said.

It is my understanding the the Blue Line store rejected the Indo-Edge. So I just wonder what the Blue Line will do when they eventually run out of Edge 1.0 jerseys with the vector logo's?