Reebok Edge Gamewear jersey

flyhighguys94

I couldnt find anything about this at all but does anyone have any experience with these gamewear jerseys? They are uncrested and have "reebok" written under the collar but that can be removed easily. They are so cheap that it may be worth checking into and having one crested and customized. As far as i know they are the same material (or close to it?) of the reebok edge jersey but they do not have a fight strap.

Here is a link to a Canadiens jersey i found on google that someone had crasted, stripped the "reebok" wordmark, and added the patches too. Its the jumbo/goalie size but looks pretty nice. If it was customized i think it would look like a done up edge.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2jcztas.jpg

I can't speak to other teams, but I have a couple of the Sabres ones for practice jerseys. They're a lot lighter weight than the 1.0s, although that may make them the same as the Indos. Also on the Sabres ones, the gray trim on the authentic/replicas is silver on the gamewear jerseys... Not really applicable to others teams maybe, but something to think about if your team has trim or anything like that. I will assume you have some experience ripping stitches out, otherwise the Reebok might not be all that easy to take off, and if you get a white one the Reebok color may bleed a bit depending on the color of the thread.

I know a person who uses this method to make some of his jerseys, complete with adding a fight strap, and they don't look bad. Just don't expect them to be the same quality as a real NHL jersey. If you want any pictures or more details on the gamewear jerseys, let me know and I can dig mine out.

The University of Kentucky Hockey team switched to these last season.

uk_2009_21_blue_f_sm.jpguk_2009_21_wht_f_sm.jpg

They are basically uncrested Premier replicas. No where near the material on an Edge 1.0 authentic. Personally I don't think they as good as the old 550 style gamewear jerseys that are still available.

I did notice at a recent college club (ACHA) tournament I went to, nearly all of the teams are wearing these now. I only saw one team wearing something different, they were sublimated AK (Athletic Knit) jerseys.

Depends on why you take issue with them being made in Asia:

If you're only against it because they continue to charge $300 for what undoubtedly costs them less than $10 to make... this is a way around.

If your issue is that they use underpaid laborers and poor working conditions in their Asian factories... no this doesn't help you.

Are these "Gamewear" jerseys made in Canada? If not, this kinda destroys the "don't buy the new authentics because they are made in Indonesia" argument. Doesn't it?

Ya i have no idea what your trying to ask...these arent authentics and are 39 bucks

Ya i have no idea what your trying to ask...these arent authentics and are 39 bucks

I think he's just wondering what the point is in making a gamewear into an authentic, since they're both made in Asia (other than the huge cost savings obviously)

well its not making it into an authentic, its just buying the blank gamewear and adding a crest and then customization if someone chose too

...and unstitching the front wordmark and adding a shield and a fight strap...

Who said a fight strap? Did you read the first post? I said i found a picture of one with the "reebok" wordmark removed and a front crest added and some patches that the Canadiens wore that year. This jersey does NOT have a fight strap so i was wondering if anyone else have tried putting together a gamewear jersey....where does it mention once about adding a fight strap?

I dont understand why you think its trying to be turned into an authentic?

ah i guess i read the first two posts and lumped them both together in my head lol

my bad

Lol its all good man, thats why i was confused too haha. Seedmaya sent me some pictures of a gamewear she has put a crest on and it actually doesnt look too bad. The only reason i brought this option up is because i really want to get an Oilers current home/away and an Islanders current away. And the material may be lighter and not up to the par but it was just a cheaper option and i was curious to see exactly what they would look like.