Question on Liberty jersey

Beukeboom

Not sure if this is authentic or replica. Was hoping one of you gurus could help me and give me a ballpark estimate on this jersey. Thanks!

richter1.jpg

richter2.jpg

richter3.jpg

Edited by Beukeboom

The fact that the tag says "authentic" should tell you what it is. I'm sorry if that sounds rude, but the answer is right in front of you. As far as how much it's worth, Pro Player was only used for one season, and unless there's a nameplate I'm missing, it's accurately customized with the NHL2000 patch.

You could probably get 200 for it on eBay, or maybe even on here if somebody wanted it bad enough. Those Pro Player jerseys were amazing.

Does't sound rude at all. It's just that I'm a complete newb at all of this jersey stuff and I've seen a ton of jerseys on the bay with authentic tags, that look legit, only to learn they are indeed fake. So I really don't trust my eyes or my complete lack of knowledge.

Thanks for taking the time to look. I'll be hopping on this one. If indeed it would fetch around $200, I'm practically stealing it from the seller.

Edited by Beukeboom

The fakes really only started with the EDGE jerseys. You don't have to worry about fake Pro Player, Koho or CCM(most of the time)jerseys. The only fake Starter jerseys I've seen are the double-tagged Gretzky jerseys from when he was with the Rangers, but you won't find a fake Pro Player jersey.

I'm just ballparking how much it would be worth based on what I've seen similar jerseys go for. The fact that it's accurately customized and it's a one-season jersey should drive the value up. $200 is probably where you'd top out with that jersey. Regardless, it's a beautiful jersey. I have a Pro Player replica that weighs a ton, and I'm actually thinking about wearing it to the game tomorrow (and to class to show it off)