Capitals Will Have Alternate Jerseys This Year

HawksFanInDC

Despite claiming to the contrary in the past, the Capitals will indeed be wearing their Winter Classic jerseys as alternate jerseys this year. Below is the link and games they will be used. I have an authentic Winter Classic and love the jersey, I only wish they did it like the Blackhawks did the past couple years and wore them at home and on the road, me thinks they take the "rock the red" campaign a little to seriously.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/post/capitals-will-wear-third-jerseys-for-16-road-games-in-2011-12-nhl-season/2011/09/16/gIQAbWYEXK_blog.html

Story:

The Capitals will wear third jerseys, modeled after the sweaters the team wore in the 2011 Winter Classic, for 16 road games during the 2011-12 NHL season.

Saturday, Nov. 26 at Buffalo

Friday, Dec. 23 at New Jersey

Wednesday, Jan. 18 at Montreal

Friday, Jan 20 at Carolina

Sunday, Jan 22 at Pittsburgh

Saturday, Feb. 4 at Montreal

Sunday, Feb. 12 at New York Rangers

Monday, Feb. 20 at Carolina

Saturday, Feb. 25 at Toronto

Saturday, March 10 at Boston

Friday, March 16 at Winnipeg

Sunday, March 18 at Chicago

Monday, March 19 at Detroit

Thursday, March 22 at Philadelphia

Monday, Apr. 2 at Tampa Bay

Saturday, Apr. 7 at New York Rangers

Jerseys will go on sale at the Verizon Center team store beginning on Sept. 26 when the Capitals host their first preseason home game against Columbus.

and i have to get one of those gamers:)lol

My first thought too! More gamers on the market!

I will be back in Chicago for the "St. Pats" Sunday game between the Caps and Hawks and am looking forward to seeing them rock them there.

I checked the Capitals online store and right now they only have the premier available (it has the wordmark on the back). I emailed the team to try and find out when the authentics will be available for purchase.

Jerseys will go on sale at the Verizon Center team store beginning on Sept. 26 when the Capitals host their first preseason home game against Columbus.

I emailed the team to try and find out when the authentics will be available for purchase.

Umm I think you answered your own question in your first post. :D

probably just premiers though^

Correct, the Caps site has Ovi and Backstrom premiers now. NHL Shop got back to me and they just said to periodically check for the authentics

• 2 weeks later...

ok i know us caps fans have all complained about them not stitching the logo letters on the WC jersey individually like they used to, so check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-YOUTH-CAPITALS-8-OVECHKIN-WINTER-CLASSIC-JERSEY-M-/350420281248?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5196ad27a0#ht_582wt_1110

On the youth WC Jerseys they were separate letters?! I'm sure they're just heat pressed but still! wtf

That is retarded. Nicest youth jersey ever.