Bauer Canadiens jersey?

BladesOfSteel

My understanding of the legalities is that teams used to sub-license their look to any of a number of sporting goods manufacturers, who would make up the jerseys and then pass along a certain percentage to the teams as a licensing fee. If you look at the pre-1980 teams, chances are pretty good that you can find five or six different manufacturers of their jerseys. The last one that I can truly recall operating under this arrangement was Gerry Cosby, who used to produce them for several teams in the mid-1980s.

My understanding of the legalities is that teams used to sub-license their look to any of a number of sporting goods manufacturers, who would make up the jerseys and then pass along a certain percentage to the teams as a licensing fee. If you look at the pre-1980 teams, chances are pretty good that you can find five or six different manufacturers of their jerseys. The last one that I can truly recall operating under this arrangement was Gerry Cosby, who used to produce them for several teams in the mid-1980s.

So would any of these sub-licensee jerseys be considered authentic? I guess they might be, but not what the pros would have worn on the ice. Is that right? Also, would the sub-licensee jersey be exactly the same except with a different logo, or would the sub-licensee just create their own jersey?

If the jersey was exactly the same, I might get it, but if its just a different jersey even if 'authentic', I think I'll pass.