Which way should I go with this jersey?

Minx

7 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do with the jersey?

• Keep it as it is!
    • Move down the backnumbers an inch
    • Sell it off and get a size 50 done the same way as the black!

Greetings.

I have this size 46 EDGE Pittsburgh Penguins jersey which have been done by House O Hockey.

Before you say anything: I am perfectly aware that a size 46 EDGE is not what the players wear.

However I have always bought the smallest Authentic jerseys available if I should choose to frame them (wall space question) It has worked perfect until the current Pittsburgh Penguins home and road jersey.

And thats because it has "gold panels" on the sides that slightly interfers with placing of the backnumbers - of course I did not realize this until my jersey was already customized.

Now I need your advice, here is my size 46 currently:

crosby46.th.jpg

img00131201106161506.th.jpg

My problem is that I think there is too little space below the nameplate before the backnumbers start. The reason they put the numbers like that was that I had instructed them to not place the backnumbers on the VEGAS GOLD panels on the side. (See picture 3 with NEON GREEN) And because of that the numbers are higher placed than normal, which I did not think about before the customization was done :noway::blush:

Compare with a size 50 EDGE and the Crosby on ice version.

sidneycrosbypictures6.th.jpg

jagrcrosby.th.jpg

crosbyedgesize50.th.jpg

At last I have 4 questions for you guys:

1. Is it worth it to move the numbers down an inch and at the same time have them interfer a little on the gold panels?

2. Is it possible to move down the numbers an inch without any visible trace left afterwards? If its possible, how much would it cost?

3. Should I seek medical help for going into such details over a hockey jersey?

---

Currently my feeling is that the nameplate and numbers looks "too pushed together". So if it was possible to move the numbers without any visible trace, I would choose that option!

Perhaps you could echoe my sentiment or change my mind?

As always your input is much appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance.

Regards

L

You just HAD to show pictures of them eliminating the Rangers, didn't you? Just for that, no help at all. Jerk. :D

Believe it or not, I've seen instances when game-worn Pens jerseys have the same problem. Brooks Orpik as a perfect example. I was watching one of the TB-PIT games earlier in the week and I happened to notice that the 4's on his jersey were so wide that they encroached into the gold underarm area. I think you'll be okay doing that.

Also, I love how Jagr looks like he's making fart noises at Crosby while shaking his hand. I'd do the exact same thing. Then, I'd cuff him in the back of the head so he missed another 80 games with concussion symptoms.

You just HAD to show pictures of them eliminating the Rangers, didn't you? Just for that, no help at all. Jerk. :D

Believe it or not, I've seen instances when game-worn Pens jerseys have the same problem. Brooks Orpik as a perfect example. I was watching one of the TB-PIT games earlier in the week and I happened to notice that the 4's on his jersey were so wide that they encroached into the gold underarm area. I think you'll be okay doing that.

Also, I love how Jagr looks like he's making fart noises at Crosby while shaking his hand. I'd do the exact same thing. Then, I'd cuff him in the back of the head so he missed another 80 games with concussion symptoms.

And for that comment, you've hexed Gaborik. He'll get breathed on too hard and miss 70 games. :lol:

But anyway, I'd just leave it. It's the same way the numbers and name look weird on an ultrafil 44. It's really an illusion more than anything.

But anyway, I'd just leave it. It's the same way the numbers and name look weird on an ultrafil 44. It's really an illusion more than anything.

I have to disagree with this.

On all older Penguins jerseys there are no vegas gold panels on the sides to worry about - which was that caused the slight tightness between the nameplate and numbers. That enables more space to work with for the nameplate and backnumbers. So while some might argue smaller jerseys look weird with authentic font - they are still correctly customized with proper spaces just like what the players wear on the ice. The difference is that there is less jersey below the nameplate and number.