New "Flow Knit" Material

Big A HG

This isn't NHL jersey related per se, but is quite interesting nonetheless so I thought I'd share.

I have been in talks here in there with the owner of Gemini Athletic Wear, which produces top-notch quality jerseys, primarily for the college hockey market, but for other leagues as well. Earlier this year, they finalized the production of a new material called Flow Knit. I haven't seen it in person, but I don't believe it to be a "techy" type material. However, it is constructed similarly to a typical air knit fabric, however, it includes a weave of a shiny material like you'd see in a dazzle knit jersey. The end product is pretty cool, it's not as glossy as a dazzle jersey, but has a bit of sparkle compared to air knit.

What makes this more interesting is how much you might start seeing this material with a big contract they just signed with a large hockey manufacturer which I can't name at the moment, but big things are on the way for Gemini.

I just thought I'd share this little tidbit and see what you guys think of this new material. I'll add a few pics for you to see. I think the pictures add more shine than there really is, based on the personal conversations I've had with the owner of Gemini. The flash of the camera adds more shine to the images.

261658_226111607409725_116472528373634_762453_6697237_n.jpg

189140_197389756948577_116472528373634_606248_664140_n.jpg